Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been like this every time we win premier and trophies they have to balance it out with these negative articles which they’ve done to death with for at least the last 10 years!

It’s keep us downtime keeps that narrative going!

They see what we are they see what we’ve won where we heading and those history clubs don’t like it one bit so pay these Hacks like Conn who is the low of the low, trying come across with his 2bob rehashed for the 8th time articles!

It’s been like this every time we win premier and trophies they have to balance it out with these negative articles which they’ve done to death with for at least the last 10 years!

It’s keep us downtime keeps that narrative going!

They see what we are they see what we’ve won where we heading and those history clubs don’t like it one bit so pay these Hacks like Conn who is the low of the low, trying come across with his 2bob rehashed for the 8th time articles!
Nobody else seems to get these articles when they win the league, weird that!

These are people who hark back to Swales as a golden era of City football morality and purity when we had no success, no money and were being run down and bled dry by cronies. They revelled in saying that we were everyones 2nd favourites ignoring that it was because of our failures. There are still Swales apologists on here.

Conn and Shindler have been exposed as mercenaries willing to exploit any negativity about City to pander to rivals, showing no loyalty to the Club despite protestations to have been City fans. In contrast Sergio is the latest of a succession of great players to leave after 10 years service with Manchester City and never a bad word.
The club under Swales was corrupt and incompetent. We were the laughing stock of football. Thankfully the old City has now been replaced by the likes of Spurs and Arsenal. Conn is out of touch with the modern world and politicises everything he writes. He waxes lyrical abut FC United but everyone in the Manchester area knows their fanbase is a mixture of cranks and thugs. I have seen their support up close. They are scumbags who hate City even more than the Glazers. They are just another media myth. The problem with London-based trendies like Conn and his ilk is they don't get out much. I wonder when he last attended a match.

Tariff Panja on talkshite saying that organisations make decisions re-news based on expectations of how long it stays in tge news.
That would explain the constant drip drip from these c#nts

David Conn's article is an assertion: "MCFC are owned by the UAE and Sheikh Mansour is just a front". It's based purely on Sheikh Mansour's use of UAE state officials to manage the club but if you were Sheikh Mansour you would use such people. I am a bit suspicious of the values he has put on the sponsorships. They are much higher than I thought but I can't argue with them.

The idea that MCFC are a soft power project for the UAE is a Guardian fabrication. An easy claim to make but where is the propaganda? I don't see it as a City fan. If it is a soft power operation then it is the worst PR campaign in history because all it has done is bring scrutiny of the UAE to the British public, and the Emiratis do not see City as their club. That is my experience and I speak to Emiratis once a week through one of their universities (New york Abu Dhabi University). If they saw City as their property I think I would know and feel it because City is very important to me and the first thing I would talk about.
There is not a single scrap of evidence that City are state-owned. Just because Khaldoon has several different roles, including one with an AD Sovereign Wealth Fund, doesn't mean he spends his life siphoning state money into MCFC. Sheikh Mansour goes out of his way to ensure a separation between state money and the CFG not least because he knows if it happened it would undermine his whole business. He has investments all over the world not just in football.

David Conn's article is an assertion: "MCFC are owned by the UAE and Sheikh Mansour is just a front". It's based purely on Sheikh Mansour's use of UAE state officials to manage the club but if you were Sheikh Mansour you would use such people. I am a bit suspicious of the values he has put on the sponsorships. They are much higher than I thought but I can't argue with them.

The idea that MCFC are a soft power project for the UAE is a Guardian fabrication. An easy claim to make but where is the propaganda? I don't see it as a City fan. If it is a soft power operation then it is the worst PR campaign in history because all it has done is bring scrutiny of the UAE to the British public, and the Emiratis do not see City as their club. That is my experience and I speak to Emiratis once a week through one of their universities (New york Abu Dhabi University). If they saw City as their property I think I would know and feel it because City is very important to me and the first thing I would talk about.

Marvin, off course it is a soft power project irrespective of the legal structure. It is even documented as such by the likes of Gary Cook who referred to it as a proxy for Abu Dhabi. Then there is the involvement of Simon Pearce. At the time of takeover he was the head of Strategic Communications for Abu Dabhi and his job was to protect and enhance the reputation of Abu Dhabi. Khaldoon, just a mate helping out? Come off it man.

BUT there is nothing wrong with soft power. The UK do exactly the same thing. Or attempt to anyway...
I agree with your comment about the failed PR campaign.

The problem comes with the derogatory term "sportswashing" and the inference that everything we do is to hide human rights abuses. That frankly is bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.