Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the "unlimited resources" bollocks get's on my thrupennies too...

They always fail to mention that under FFP, regardless of how rich our owners are, we are limited what we can spend - they also fail to mention, that due to their turnovers, the Rags and Dippers could easily outspend us - and often do!!!
Don't forget their Cayman Island Bank Accounts.

And my favourite the dippers £50m for the new ground that never was.
Detailed breakdown of the invoices for that would make interesting reading.

I think our owner has had much more racial abuse than any of us and in his day job he invests AD dollars world wide in most countries and most sectors of commerce and industry.

Certainly we as City supporters want those who hate and write lies etc. against us sorting out good and quick but our owners prefer a different approach.

You may be right but do you honestly think our owners are not capable of handling the abuse they continue to suffer in the way they prefer to do it?
Oh, they can handle it, but can the name of Manchester City?

Last night scrolling through TV channels looking for something to watch... on Sky One - "The United Way", a few channels down "Busby" and just now, Talkshite advertising a new documentary on Sky tonight about George Best... ffs - it's like a constant PR campaign for them!
Uncanny it's an overkill of them red mardarses all over the TV in the week we're in the champions league final.
I'll say it again that they are the bitterest fickle set of cunts ever.

Great post.

A great deal of fans of these Redshirt clubs are only fans because they attach themselves to the glory aspect of the club they’ve chosen to support. Especially the out of towners.

This is usually from being insecure from the outset as individuals.

They’re too insecure to support Lincoln, Plymouth, or Shamrock Rovers, so they attach themselves to United and Liverpool. They live it up in some sort of weird reflected glory… but as soon as that glory wanes or disappears as their clubs aren’t top dogs anymore, their insecurities come to the fore. They can’t handle that a club they once made banners about their trophy drought and had more songs mocking them than they had about themselves, have started to win trophies like they once did but at the same time smashing all-time English football records in the process.

This is where all this fear and belittling comes in, they’re just insecure little boys who can’t deal with their reflected glory being taken away from them. But in a social media age, it’s not just the out of towners with this attitude, it’s the entire fanbases plus their hangers on from the media. It becomes a culture of insecurity and fear across the lot of them!
heres one just had some electrical work carried out at work 3 Geordies turn up so for a laugh i said i just been on twitter voted steve bruce as manager of the season got no reaction so time for another dig at newcastle to which i got reply were liverpool fans mate ha ha ha so i asked what part of newcastle is liverpool all transpires one of them his dad supports newcastle and mum sunderland and are both disgusted with him lol

Got some Chelsea fan friends. They are all furious that the media are fawning all over City and Pep and ignoring them in the build up to this game. I have to say I've noticed that we are very much "the" story thy is time around, like in 2012.

Last night scrolling through TV channels looking for something to watch... on Sky One - "The United Way", a few channels down "Busby" and just now, Talkshite advertising a new documentary on Sky tonight about George Best... ffs - it's like a constant PR campaign for them!

A bit like the week after we became the first team to win the domestic treble (quadruple), they chose to run a documentary 'special' about the rags treble 20 years previous. And for good measure, and if you missed it first time round, repeated the fucking thing a few days later. Still waiting for our 'special' programme, unless I've missed it.

Entertained by the fawning over the rags on North West news this lunchtime. They are giddy over the second rate cup final they are in ignoring the fact it didn't save Marino's job even when accompanied by tha league cup. They hailed a great season of progress under Ole, depends how you define progress finishing twelve points behind the champions in a non vintage year doesn't suggest anything to get over excited about. If they win avoid the media tomorrow or keep a sick bag handy.

Oh, they can handle it, but can the name of Manchester City?
Without our current owners we would not be in such a dominant position and let's be fair previous owners have not exactly covered themselves in glory.
Not sure on this but are you asking if our owners are fit to be so if they do not defend themselves against press accusations?

From The Ringer :

"The Premier League is a manager’s league. We probably haven’t seen a depth of talent like the whip-smart minds in charge of teams all the way down the table. This season, amid unusually challenging circumstances, several of them distinguished themselves. Marcelo Bielsa was typically thrilling and strikingly effective at Leeds United. Scott Parker coached far beyond his means at relegated Fulham. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, through shrewd man management and some brave tactical tweaks, has converted many doubters with Manchester United’s second-place finish, especially given their advance to the Europa League final. Dean Smith, before injuries to key players derailed his Aston Villa team, led a joyously irreverent side to an early surge up the table. Brendan Rodgers has been excellent at Leicester City, bringing the best from their superbly recruited playing staff. Given the abundance of resources at Pep Guardiola’s disposal, it is sometimes difficult to assess the quality of his work: Limitless wealth should, in theory, mean that you win the league each year. Yet he has still managed to make his team evolve, and the game along with it. Most managers would not have regularly and successfully fielded İlkay Gündoğan as a central forward ahead of the club’s record goalscorer Sergio Agüero, but Guardiola is not most men. Yet the manager of the year, by a narrow margin, is David Moyes."

Fucking laughable.
'through shrewd man management and some brave tactical tweaks'

It's a damn good job he named who he was writing about with this extract or I would have been left guessing all day..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.