Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Grealish should be the least of our concerns to address our problems… we need Haaland
If we got to a final, Pep probably wouldn't even play him.
Started off with 1 def. midfielder and no cenyre forward and ended up with 2 def midfielders and 2 centre forwards !!!!

That's exactly it they looked confused to fuck..... the thing for me you take out Fernandinho in form and put in Sterling out of form, but then that fucks the team up because we then have our leading goalscorer playing as an holding midfielder. All on Pep feel so sorry for the fans who are there.
Spot on..why not pick your best most experienced team instead of fucking about with that selection and tactics.. after the semi final I thought Pep had got over the over thinking..

All on him tonight not for the first time

not seen the post match interviews but I hope he doesn’t say he was fucking proud of his team cos me and thousand of other fans weren’t

Can't believe all of the Pep bashing. We were set up to attack, but the players didn't perform. Chelsea defended well, and were incapable of breaking them down. Happened a lot this year where we just couldn't create good chances. I'm gutted, but we won the league and move on to next year.

Thought the ref was OK but the handball was judged far too quickly. Body check on KDB could have been a red but as he was having a shit game I wasn't too fussed. Ultimately forward line was outgunned, we offered nothing and Sterling and Mahrez are still in the fullbacks pockets, they were owned
It wasn't handball was it. MAHREZ - Can we have a word how he fucking disappeared and when he appeared you wish he'd fucking disappear?

Very disappointed, but at the start of the season I didn’t think we’d even get top four let alone win the league, league cup and get to the final of the Champions League. Chin up guys, this is not our last Champions League final. We’ll be back here before too long.

What went wrong? I think it’s quite obvious. The game changed completely as soon as Fernandinho came on. I can’t say that we’d have won the game if Fernandinho had started, but I’m pretty sure we’d have had a better chance. Pep couldn’t have got it more wrong. Chelsea must have looked twice in astonishment when they saw the team sheet.

I have no idea what Pep was thinking. Only he knows the reason for playing without a CDM and abandoning everything that won us the league and got us to the final. Let’s remember though that he is surrounded by coaching staff. I cannot fathom how not one of them went to him and said “this is suicide”.

Anyway, this was a good season. Pep is the best coach we’ve ever had. He’s likely the best we’ll ever have. It’s down to him to learn the lessons from today and I’m confident that he will. There is always next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.