Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

The thing we had praised Pep for all year in the Champions League is what cost us today, he tried to tinker and toy with the squad in a CL final.

This is on the players as well though, they looked tepid, unmotivated, and confused. They brought no energy, and it looked like they had no desire to be there.

KDB going off killed us.

Great post. Perhaps its a reality check that were not as good as we think we are. Tactically they were superb and we were all over the place playing frantic football. At no time did we have control of the game. Tuchel has done amazing to manage his team through these past few weeks with all the pressure they’ve had on them (cups and Champs league places up for grabs) in contrast Guardiloa has had a very diffucult few weeks losing 3 of the last 6 games. We all thought he was preparing this amazing line up ready to go but clearly he had no idea what the best team was.90% of City fans knew what it was but he didn’t and you saw what a disjointed and poor performance the lads put in. I’m hoping he’ll learn from his mistakes but I doubt it. We may never or probably get to another final again which makes it all the more sad and disappointing.
I could have coached CFC tonight and beat Pep. It was easy.

I’m still in shock that we’ve played that line up and let (IMO) a pretty average team beat us in a cup final. They have very few players to be genuinely terrified of like PSG or Real Madrid, or even United have in their ranks.

Pep has done great things for us but I’d really like to hear him accept responsibility for once and admit he made an error and in hindsight shouldn’t have been so radical.

The thing we had praised Pep for all year in the Champions League is what cost us today, he tried to tinker and toy with the squad in a CL final.

This is on the players as well though, they looked tepid, unmotivated, and confused. They brought no energy, and it looked like they had no desire to be there.

KDB going off killed us.
KDB had a shocking game. I dont think we was fit tbh

Well that was tough, tough as in consoling my 12 year old who hasn’t grasped that we can lose big games. Disappointed yes but I can live with it, we were beaten by the better team on the night. I think some need to remember where we were 12 years ago and appreciate that we made it to the CL final.

I think I have had enough of Pep.

We get to another CL final, what will he do? We all knew CFC would play 3 quick forwards and play counter-attacking football so why did you do that Pep? We needed cover in this game more than any other.
If you're not happy with 3 Premier League titles in the last 4 years then I don't think any manager on the planet is going to get your seal of approval Marvin. Ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.