Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

I'll guarantee you if he'd done that and we'd lost, everyone would be saying "Why didn't we change it for a team that have already beaten us twice" - last time they beat us Rodri and Ferdo started.
tenor.gif

A DM would not have made a difference in that regard. We barely looked like scoring all night. In my opinion nothing would have changed. Only way we were scoring was by an individual piece of brilliance.

That's something that posters in here regularly slag off other managers for relying on.

If you’re a player, I would imagine the Ballon D’Or is far from a silly little title.
That's a political award no one other than Messi or Ronaldo apart can win it.

Stupid argument, I don't know why people are obsessed with best this, best that.

Chelsea are European champions this morning and it hurts.

I am wondering if Pep, whilst managing us, has EVER made a change before half time? I don't recall it.

It's pretty unusual generally these days tbf but boy did we need it yesterday. Should have changed it after 10 minutes.
We had a defensive midfielder in the cup semi and we still struggled to create chances. We just have to accept that Chelsea are a very good team under Tuchel. Chelsea knew they had to defend well but like last time they would get a few chances and they took 1 of them. We never looked like scoring, in the first half we got battered whereas we dominated the second half but had less shots... Chelsea controlled the game perfectly.

I think we lacked a striker but a striker with presence to allow our midfield to drop deeper away from Kante and their wall of defenders. Instead they had a field day, they could mark the space around Phil and Kev, Bernardo had a poor game and didn't really get anywhere.

After that we are reliant on our wide play but Sterling didn't get a sniff past James and Mahrez was the same. Jesus started to have an effect later on but that's after Chelsea changed things to block it up. Our best player for me was Walker, he was our main attack really!

Werner for all his faults puts in a lot of effort as seen by his movement and pressing yesterday. He’s been crucial to their set up recently. Sterling has not, there’s the difference
Most forwards that play against us always look better than they are, because we press high and give them space to run, turn and dribble into.
Our forwards, generally, don't have that luxury.
That's why "go get a number 9" isn't as easy as people think. It has to be a player like Sergio, who can manoeuvre in tight spaces, snap-shot and poach. Tricky!

Absolutely gutted by this. Team selection effectively negated 2 of our best attacking players. Before the game I was thinking the only way we will lose this will be if the ref screws us over or Pep comes up with a bizarre team selection. I just don't get it.

Couldn't bear to watch the post match stuff, was there any analyse of the handball?
Ditto mate

Just watched the game back (thankfully I forgot the score after 10 pints). Absolutely fucking gutted man, such a sad way to end the season but fuck it. We go again next season. City
I was also thinking of watching the game back, but decided to have the wife remove my toe nails with pliers instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.