Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Sense of perspective, 1st euro final, Rags & Dippers lost their 1st one.
I don't buy into the claim that we could be years off the next one. In fact I think we will make the final again a number of times over the next few years.
Sadly we saved out worst game for the final but overall it's been a fantastic season and the players have been brilliant.
We won't win every final we play in. Next time we will win it.

Chelsea will employ those tactics in PL next season. We played right into their hands by leaving the defence exposed to get Raz into the team.
Bitterly disappointed with the change of team and tactics that beat Dortmund and PSG.
A final is not the place to ‘tinker’ with a winning team and tactic!

We will NEVER have a better chance to win the CL than yesterday. For me, that awful display and loss is all on the manager. We gifted the Rentboys a CL trophy.

I

You were one of the ones slagging him off to fuck back in November. If you think Khaldoon and co are going to have a serious word with Pep you are seriously deluded. Fuck me.
I was and rightly so, the response of pep and the players was amazing, an incredible turnaround.

The player that was a catalyst of that, Fernandinhio, a player who personally got the players together back in November and told them it was not acceptable, well in my humble, he was hung out to dry by Pep last night.

Not to play Fern or Rodri cost us badly.

We had the chance to create history last night and we blew it and blew it badly.

Losing is part and parcel of the game, but that was a weak surrender last night.

That's a political award no one other than Messi or Ronaldo apart can win it.

Stupid argument, I don't know why people are obsessed with best this, best that.

Chelsea are European champions this morning and it hurts.
Because City aren’t the the ‘best’ in Europe?

Same for VK he spent a lot of his last season sitting on the bench, Pep just doesn't trust players who could get injured, they fuck with his OCD planning.

I still think it is the reason VK left, his secret talks with Anderlecht owner will have been in the time period he wasn't getting picked and Pep wasn't being overly nice in interviews about him imo either when talking about injuries etc
Vinnie basically started every big game when fit. Unfortunately his body was fucked but he could still play to a very high level whenever he came back. Sergio could no longer stay fit either but even in his prime it used to take him a few games to regain his sharpness.

Two of our greatest players were ravaged by injuries unfortunately or they’d have played many more games. That is not Peps fault.

I was and rightly so, the response of pep and the players was amazing, an incredible turnaround.

The player that was a catalyst of that, Fernandinhio, a player who personally got the players together back in November and told them it was not acceptable, well in my humble, he was hung out to dry by Pep last night.

Not to play Fern or Rodri cost us badly.
Fernandinho.

surprised with team selection by Pep; Fernandinho should have started, Raheem Sterling is such an impact player, you cant sub him 2/3s in the game, all he needs is a bit of space and he can do the magic..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.