#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t understand why VAR did not check that incident. We were not shown much in the replay either. Even in the handball situation, the replay was poor. I don’t want to buy into conspiracy theories, but...

th
Very much a world class player when used correctly. Last night wasn’t one of those nights sadly. I don’t think he is a captain but as a footballer he is a truly superb player. He was very upset last night and looking at his bruised face it was the right decision for him to be withdrawn. He didn’t want to come off you could see that it was taken out of his hands.

In the systems we have played this season when pushed further forward we dont get the best out of him....he needs to be deeper to dictate play and drive through midfield which is where he is world class...but not part of the front 3

Personally I think he’s class in the false 9. The only issue is that he doesn’t see as much of the ball and given that he’s our best player, that’s a travesty.

When he does get it, he’s in more dangerous positions to work his magic but games last night mean it’s in short supply.

I don’t think it works against low blocks, though, because we need his creativity to get us out the shit rather than cramped in the middle. It works perfectly against teams like PSG and Dortmund who we sat back against and could hit on the counter with clever passing and movement.

Fractured eye socket and nose. Rudiger should have walked.
Rudiger in the best of times, is a dirty player, and with that mask on, he used it as an extra weapon. Bet Kevin bumped into that plastic. City should go after this guy, file a complaint to UEFA. They won't do it, but they should. This was deliberate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.