#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn’t at the races tonight, offered virtually nothing.

Our best football this season was when he wasn’t in the team - is it a coincidence that our best football tonight was when he went off ?

De Bruyne is a great player but to deploy him in such a way is too painful to watch. To get the best out of him, he needs to be facing the opponents and feeding the ball forward, not standing with his back to three defenders and doing the doggy runs.

Get some pace in the front line and beside him in midfield and let him go back to doing what he does best.

He was bloody rubbish tonight.

But for me he would have been in midfield with Bernardo doing the high pressing like Dortmund and Paris away.

Poor from kevin, but he is usually poor after return from an injury.

De Bruyne is a great player but to deploy him in such a way is too painful to watch. To get the best out of him, he needs to be facing the opponents and feeding the ball forward, not standing with his back to three defenders and doing the doggy runs.

Get some pace in the front line and beside him in midfield and let him go back to doing what he does best.

Can't recommend this enough. Pep failed to use him in his best position; instead, took the sting out of his play. Tuchel loved it.

He's going to feel it tomorrow. That was a bloody big blow. His eye will be closed for a week or two. Cynical from Rudiger but he didn't intend to damage kev its just a tactical foul that happens every week that's caught him in the wrong place.

Not a direct comment on tonight's game but I've said regularly for a while now, kdb as the false 9 does not work for him. His game is feeding players, who is he meant to feed when he's the furthest player forward receiving the ball back to goal with a player up his arse and no runners beyond him? You can still get performances from him doing it because he's that good but it doe not suit at all. In a false 9 system, if he isn't in midfield I'd sooner see him on the flanks than the spearhead.

To me it's similar to when Sarri played Kante as a number 8. You'll get a performance most of the time but it won't be maximising his potential

same thing that happened against psg away. I think pep did it because kdb is not well physically, but still needs to play cause hes the best player on the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.