Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Rags have been more vocal than i thought they would be.

I kept my powder dry fearing it backfiring.

Yet they are out in full force on social media with their rehashed Nursery playground jokes.

Rags have really short memories.

At least we got to a major European Final.

They couldn't even succeed in the UEFA Losers Cup,pathetic twats.
Amen to that brother

Having slept on this result it isnt the disaster some may think , the best team in europe finished nineteen points behind the best team in England , a cup final is a one-off and its all about who gets it right on the day, we didnt.
Our poor performance was self inflicted and Chelksi took advantage , we had a few half chances and they missed several chances there wasnt a gulf in class Chelski were defeding for their lives for the last 25 minutes.
On another day Pep doesnt experiment we play our usual game and the players know exactly their responsibilities and we play to the very high standard we have achieved all season and we win the game
Maybe next year.

I think most of us feel that if we played the line up that won 23 on the bounce - Phil mostly out wide and gave it our best shot but lost, we could live with it. But we didn't and lost to a team that finished 19 points behind us - a colossally expensive team, but not a team on our regular winning level. That's the killer - we know we're a 19 points better team than them - the table doesn't lie.
The great fallacy of your post is that there is a line up that won 23 on the bounce. If you look at the teams in that run just about the only nearly consistent choice is Dias and Stones together - both of whom played last night. That apart we hade to cope with covid epidemics, injuries and losses of form and Pep made on average 5 or 6 changes for each match. So we're back to the old choice - which starting line up are you talking: the 23 which had Pep declared a genius or the one which lost last night?

A few of the players may never get the chance to play in another’s champions league final. Yes pep fucked up but they still lost the ball unnecessarily and they still did not make the right decisions when in possession. Instead I watched a group of players bar 1/2 shrink into their shells and look petulant about how the match was going. Some of them despite being good footballers can seem mentally weak.

I would like to see 3/4 changes to the first team. As I have said before not all will make it to legend status. Its now the right time to sell a few.

Tough decisions need to be made.
list of players I see as under threat:

Jesus
Sterling
Mahrez
Cancelo
Rodri
Ake
Mendy

All above apart from Ake have served us well and helped us win a lot of trophies but sometimes you have to be ruthless and make big changes. I can’t see them all leaving but 2/3 should be moved on to allow new fresh hungry players to take us onto the next level.

Last edited:

Yet they are out in full force on social media with their rehashed Nursery playground jokes.

Same here, I said nothing on Wednesday because it could bite me on the arse if we lost yesterday. Overthinking it like Pep because they have gone all in on me anyway and I didn’t lay a glove on them. Shameful error of judgement

Good point and that’s the beauty and success of pep. Think there’s a feeling that the PSG 11 is our best 11, but none of us have any idea about the reasons for team selection. But the point being made by many of us is that in all those matches we had a DM.

And were you around in 2019 when we won 14 games in a row with Gundogan playing defensive midfield?

I’m surprised the Thursday night cup runners up are surfacing. Four years since a trophy. Maybe we should start a clock?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.