Seasoncard - 2021/22

If it is to reduce plastic well investing in compostable plant based pint glasses would be more effective and less hassle to many fans.

In fact they could have converted to PLA cards made from corn and made a big song and dance about being eco friendly.

Do they realy believe all the printed off tickets will be recycled or that the fact smart phone recharging is a major cabon emission creator ( as many will panic charge even when on high battery %) will not be equally damaging enviromentally

I am fine with using my phone, do it for shopping and trains/planes, but I would prefer a season card, that proudly sits in my wallet and is a histoical and sentimental reminder after the fact

Maybe some of the ticket machines like outside the mini coms where people can put in their number pre match and a pin and print off their ticket for those without smart phones or printers at home would make sense

That's not the issue, people have different circumstances.

My dad doesn't have a smart phone, he doesn't have an email address and doesn't use the Internet.

He turns 70 next week and has watched City for 60 years.

I have a phone that is six years old and don't even take it to matches, because I refuse to be wedded to the fucking thing.

My 13 year old doesn't have a smart phone.

They are the reason the world is now churning out a society of obese kids and adults with an additional limb they cannot do without.

I'm sure City will be quite happy to still accept cash and direct debit cards at their bars and store...

I've had to cut right back this year, got rid of sky, gym memberships, froze my pension, even.

I've really missed the football and going with my dad and son. Wasn't going to renew last year but had come around to thinking would take on a bit of debt to facilitate it.

If mobiles are now pre-requisite, don't think I will bother, as essentially I shouldn't have to contemplate paying hundreds more out on phones to watch bloody City.

They have moved my seat, forced me to park even further away from the ground in recent years.

I am City fan, nobody is forced to jump through these hoops, yet these hoops do exist.
It does say alternatives will be available, so I expect mobile tickets will just be the default option. It'll be a lot cheaper for clubs, as they don't need to produce the cards, but it will cause issues.

My dad's 84 this year and whilst he has a smart phone, trying to explain Google Pay & QR codes to him would be painful. For the CL final, I just had both tickets on my phone, but that's not practical for a full season.

Rags are introducing something similar and speaking to a mate last week he was saying he has 3 tickets for his family, but occasionally he can't make games due to work commitments. Giving them the cards in advance isn't an issue, but he isn't going to give them his phone.

All clubs need to make sure they remain inclusive with their ticketing options. I'm sure City would be on top of that, but the current communications don't really explain. The fact that the information has only come out via Twitter and the website is an immediate issue, although I'm expecting to receive a letter soon. If not, my dad and many like him wouldn't even know to renew

That's not the issue, people have different circumstances.

My dad doesn't have a smart phone, he doesn't have an email address and doesn't use the Internet.

He turns 70 next week and has watched City for 60 years.

I have a phone that is six years old and don't even take it to matches, because I refuse to be wedded to the fucking thing.

My 13 year old doesn't have a smart phone.

They are the reason the world is now churning out a society of obese kids and adults with an additional limb they cannot do without.

I'm sure City will be quite happy to still accept cash and direct debit cards at their bars and store...

I've had to cut right back this year, got rid of sky, gym memberships, froze my pension, even.

I've really missed the football and going with my dad and son. Wasn't going to renew last year but had come around to thinking would take on a bit of debt to facilitate it.

If mobiles are now pre-requisite, don't think I will bother, as essentially I shouldn't have to contemplate paying hundreds more out on phones to watch bloody City.

They have moved my seat, forced me to park even further away from the ground in recent years.

I am City fan, nobody is forced to jump through these hoops, yet these hoops do exist.

I'm pretty sure that there is provision for people that don't have a smart phone but not bothered reading the bit that might cover it as I do have one, even though I agree that they are a scourge of modern society. However, now I've worked out what I need to do to get in the ground using mine (had to put my password in so it would activate the ticket at the turnstile), I'm good to go if season tickets are going mobile.

It does say alternatives will be available, so I expect mobile tickets will just be the default option. It'll be a lot cheaper for clubs, as they don't need to produce the cards, but it will cause issues.

My dad's 84 this year and whilst he has a smart phone, trying to explain Google Pay & QR codes to him would be painful. For the CL final, I just had both tickets on my phone, but that's not practical for a full season.

Rags are introducing something similar and speaking to a mate last week he was saying he has 3 tickets for his family, but occasionally he can't make games due to work commitments. Giving them the cards in advance isn't an issue, but he isn't going to give them his phone.

All clubs need to make sure they remain inclusive with their ticketing options. I'm sure City would be on top of that, but the current communications don't really explain. The fact that the information has only come out via Twitter and the website is an immediate issue, although I'm expecting to receive a letter soon. If not, my dad and many like him wouldn't even know to renew
Surely it can't be a financial reason. The cost of a season card to make must be pennies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.