United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't a cat in hells chance that anyone who benefits from this loophole is going to speak about it.
The press won't raise this either as the people who own most publications benefit from these loopholes and the government won't close them as the people who benefit donate millions of pounds to the party that is currently in power to help them campaign to stay in power.
There are people who would definitely love to take down a celebrity who embarrassed the government about their lack of spending on poor children. And don't underestimate the newspapers' capacity to be massive hypocrites about this. Hell, look at the one from 2012, when David Cameron specifically chose to name Jimmy Carr for his tax avoidance, rather than the far more high profile Tory donor Gary Barlow. David Cameron, whose family's money was kept in Panama for years.

There are people who would definitely love to take down a celebrity who embarrassed the government about their lack of spending on poor children. And don't underestimate the newspapers' capacity to be massive hypocrites about this. Hell, look at the one from 2012, when David Cameron specifically chose to name Jimmy Carr for his tax avoidance, rather than the far more high profile Tory donor Gary Barlow. David Cameron, whose family's money was kept in Panama for years.
The difference is though is that they won't go all out to name and shame everyone who does this as they're basically biting the hand that feeds them.
Occasionally calling out an odd celebrity makes everyone feel that they're doing something about the issue when the reality is that they won't.
Carr's arrogance was his downfall and if I remember correctly Cameron's dealings weren't fully exposed until he left Number 10.

Last edited:
I don’t believe there are any long-standing City fans who would behave like that because they would know all about the suffering and the hurt we have been forced to endure over the years.
Up until about ten years or we had been the butt of everybody’s jokes: we were periodically ridiculed and humiliated by the press, other clubs and their fans, etc. The piss-taking was relentless and with each passing season when we finished potless the barbs became more and more venomous. And I would say approximately 90% of the hate-filled bile we received came from the scum.

The Pisscan’s utter contempt for us, his spite-filled comments and derisory put-downs every time a sycophantic tv reporter mentioned us, and of course that club-sanctioned poster that mocked our continued lack of success, all of these things turned healthy rivalry into unhealthy hatred.

The rags are the one club in world football who City fans should regard with complete disdain, we should give them both barrels, we should never ever let them forget how things were when the shoe was on the other foot and we were the punchline of a million spiteful gags from 3rd rate entertainers the world over.

City fans are a classier breed than the followers of either the rags or the dippers so there is very little chance of us becoming sneery and contemptuous towards any club…except one.
Getting the feeling you don't like Utd very much....

Not to piss on your chips, but that “washed up old brass” was SECOND in the League, blew a European Final by 1 goal (sound familiar?) and beat US multiple times last season, ruining our winning run!

I fucking loathe them as much as the next Blue, but you dismiss them as “old and done” at your peril!

Their pulling power, AND paying power, is a major factor in why they’ve been there or thereabouts for decades.

We look at Ole, and even have an SOS thread, and think he is a lightweight who will never produce. That “problem” can be solved in one day, as it was at Chelsea last season, and they secured Top Four and almost did the FA Cup & CL double when ALL 3 of those looked ridiculous at one point!

Make no mistake, United have a decent team that CAN perform, as results showed. However, they’ve lived in OUR shadow for a decade now and the tables seem to have turned.

That said, however, I hope City fans don’t become like Rag Scum and ACT like our shit doesn’t stink, while they stink like shit!

We should be humbled by our decade of success and excited by the future, but IF we dismiss EVERY SERIOUS DOMESTIC COMPETITOR out of hand, we will start to sound like Rags.

We are better than that,
The difference is though is that the club itself, manager and fans are still dining out on past glories and are burying their heads in the sand talking about the "United way" whatever that means.

They could turn things around however if you read my post properly I said that nothing will change until they acknowledge where they are and what they need to do to rectify their problems rather than basking in past successes.

When you're paying top dollar for the likes of Maguire and Pogba and seeing the latter running down his contract for a second time, you can see their scatter gun approach and lack of strategic planning isn't working when you consider the amount of money they have spent on transfers and wages compared with the return in trophies won in recent years.

When you compare how City's infrastructure has been rebuilt from top to bottom with the campus and successful teams at all levels playing in a similar style it points to excellent strategic planning.
Over in Trafford, the roof leaks, they've got a rodent problem and their teams at all levels are way behind ours.

There's nothing arrogant about me, I've been a season ticket holder since 1988 and endured years of piss taking from arrogant, plastic, glory hunting Rags so I think I'm due a little bit of payback don't you think?

I still get deluded Rags trying to take the piss whilst I doubt you get too many over in Chicago.

I'm not naive enough to think that the status quo will last forever but I'm certainly enjoying it while I can which as I said previously if you read my post I said long may it continue.

The difference is though is that the club itself, manager and fans are still dining out on past glories and are burying their heads in the sand talking about the "United way" whatever that means.

They could turn things around however if you read my post properly I said that nothing will change until they acknowledge where they are and what they need to do to rectify their problems rather than basking in past successes.

When you're paying top dollar for the likes of Maguire and Pogba and seeing the latter running down his contract for a second time, you can see their scatter gun approach and lack of strategic planning isn't working when you consider the amount of money they have spent on transfers and wages compared with the return in trophies won in recent years.

When you compare how City's infrastructure has been rebuilt from top to bottom with the campus and successful teams at all levels playing in a similar style it points to excellent strategic planning.
Over in Trafford, the roof leaks, they've got a rodent problem and their teams at all levels are way behind ours.

There's nothing arrogant about me, I've been a season ticket holder since 1988 and endured years of piss taking from arrogant, plastic, glory hunting Rags so I think I'm due a little bit of payback don't you think?

I still get deluded Rags trying to take the piss whilst I doubt you get too many over in Chicago.

I'm not naive enough to think that the status quo will last forever but I'm certainly enjoying it while I can which as I said previously if you read my post I said long may it continue.
Be humble and show the rags some respect, remember they are investing big time in some deluxe paint for the Stretford End and some new bulbs for the flood lights. Massive.

Never ever show them anything but contempt.There are some loathsome clubs apart from them.
However those clubs never had a club sanctioned banner mocking the lack of success of thier rivals.
They are Scum end of.
How very true.
Their fans are still as arrogant as ever and it's bubbling just beneath the surface.
Earlier this season when they were top for 2 weeks in January, the old self-entitled arrogance was on full display until their team showed that it's ok to go on long runs when you're in the chasing pack but can't handle the pressure when it comes to the crunch as they have also shown in cup competitions.
A leopard never changes it's spots or in this case a Rag.

Be humble and show the rags some respect, remember they are investing big time in some deluxe paint for the Stretford End and some new bulbs for the flood lights. Massive.
Ha ha - I hope their renovations budget for The Swamp can stretch to a visit from Rentokil to cure their rodent problem.
If Gary Neville isn't fronting Rag games on Sly next season we will know that they've done something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.