Knee pain

Got the same thing and my wife is a full time physio

Her advice was for me to lose a bit more weight and bought me bands with some specific exercises to do at home

3 weeks in and it's starting to feel better until I played a full footy match on Monday and now it's buggered again
Thanks Trent.

69 year old still play tennis,came off the court yesterday pain below knee back of leg.Limping like fuck what have I done ?

Thanks all! Think I’ll give the GP a call tomorrow to see if I can get a referral for a scan

69 year old still play tennis,came off the court yesterday pain below knee back of leg.Limping like fuck what have I done ?
Tennis knee? Was the tennis court in Memphis? that would make it Memphis Tennis Knee, wouldn't it?

Morning all!

Now firstly, I am booked into a physio next week to get an expert opinion but thought I’d ask you all as I have done for the last 15 or so years!

Ok so I’ve just got back into the gym properly, but whenever I do any form of squat, either weighted or just if I was to attempt to squat generally, I get a pain on the back/right side of my right knee. I then end up trying to compensate on my left. It’s doing my head in! Any idea what it can be? Anything you’ve experienced? I don’t remember specifically hurting it, though I know it’s been giving me ‘jip’ for a little while, I THINK I need it kicking a ball but not 100%

Sounds like a lateral meniscus or lateral ligament.

If you can bend your knee to the same degree as a the squat position when lying down, roughly 90deg, without pain, it might be ligament rather than meniscus as there's no weight bearing going on. Squatting is weight bearing which puts more pressure on the ligament rather than meniscus, hence the pain.

Needs to get it properly checked out, MRI or endoscopy should confirm.
My daughter is a qualified sports rehabilitator and her opinion is

I’d probably say meniscus because when you damage your ligament you lose range of movement, so if you can still deep squat then the ligament can’t be severely damaged and isn’t likely to be causing pain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.