Cole Palmer

Barring a massive injury crisis, I just don’t see how he’d get many minutes next season. A new striker will presumably play a lot more than Aguero’s 700 minutes from this season (which means those extra minutes will have to be taken off other players). Then you’ve got the likes of Foden and Torres who will both be hoping to play more too, not to mention Jesus and Sterling.
I feel the same , the squads too big and too many top players for the young lads to get a chance .
It’s a real shame if we lose this crop of youngsters, a lot of them from in and around Manchester also in Palmer , Doyle , and harwood bellis.
I think Foden will be the exception that breaks through .
Hope I’m wrong though .

Palmer could have a very bright future here, but he's not foden levels, and because of the ridiculous talent we have in the first team that's the level you need to be as a kid to even get a sniff.

On the wing is one of our weakest areas in the side this season in terms of depth, sterling's been abysmal and Torres largely non-existent and he's not been anywhere near the team. if nothing changes in those areas you have to imagine at least one if not both of them get better and I think jesus becomes more of a winger too so I just don't see how he gets into our squad.

Training with the first team will bring on his game but its hard not to see a loan to a promotion chasing championship side where he will play every week as more beneficial.

Sadly I agree that the young lads will find it hard to get minutes. The best solution for youth development would be to allow two extra subs per game for club developed players with under 40 appearances. Or maybe the club just tells the senior squad that one sub space is always going to be allocated to a youngster and that they will get minutes in front of established players in instances where the game is being seen out.

I have a feeling that Palmer, Delap, Bernabe, McAtee, and Doyle will all get first-team minutes, this year, and possibly Lavia too. I think they will be used in cup competitions and as bench backup but will gradually be phased in. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but this crop is the catalyst and calls to fruition the long-term sporting vision.

I have a feeling that Palmer, Delap, Bernabe, McAtee, and Doyle will all get first-team minutes, this year, and possibly Lavia too. I think they will be used in cup competitions and as bench backup but will gradually be phased in. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but this crop is the catalyst and calls to fruition the long-term sporting vision.

Bernabe is out of contract and is heading back to Barcelona apparently. And I think Doyle really needs a loan next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.