Scotland at the Euros

I think a few England fans are writing off Scotland for Friday's game based on yesterday's result but that is a bit premature to my mind. Scotland were unlucky with some of their shots and undone by a combination of a goalkeeper brain fart and a worldie shot. I suspect Friday could be a lot closer than some would like.

Well fuck me senseless with a reality stick. A day of wrong selections, injury to a key player and a collective failure to perform when it mattered, returned to leave a feeling that as well as being not very good, we must be cursed. Of course curses are superstitious nonsense, so I am back to the, we are not very good.

Don't get me wrong I didn't believe we were good and this is never ever helped when you don't play the guys who actually have something about them.

I could go on about that, but what's the point? My only hope is Clarke recognises his errors and fast. The rest of this week we will no doubt hear how our players have learned from it and will go to Wembley full of vigour and purpose. Heard it all before, so, it's a case of just shut up with the platitudes and do any talking in the pitch.

Friday night could be a right seeing to, if he goes with the same line up. When I say could, I of course mean it will be. We as a football nation, are a mere shadow of a dark patch of a once football player producing country. I can't remember a time when we didn't have a single striker who was actually a striker. Woefully inept doesn't even touch the sides.

We are looking down the barrel of three consecutive arse handing ceremonies, and I have to be honest, I am fucking sick of it.

Apart from all that I am calm, stoic, slightly perturbed but not depressed. When you have been let down as many times as we have, you develop an, oh fuck it attitude. So, fuck it. I am.tempted to say we can't play any worse, but I won't, because I know we can and probably will, especially if Clarke doesn't listen to me. More fool him. Onward and downward. Our national team motto. or it should be.
Everyone has written us off for Friday, that's usually when Scotland play their best, rise to the occasion......and succumb to a narrow, single goal defeat.

Well fuck me senseless with a reality stick. A day of wrong selections, injury to a key player and a collective failure to perform when it mattered, returned to leave a feeling that as well as being not very good, we must be cursed. Of course curses are superstitious nonsense, so I am back to the, we are not very good.

Don't get me wrong I didn't believe we were good and this is never ever helped when you don't play the guys who actually have something about them.

I could go on about that, but what's the point? My only hope is Clarke recognises his errors and fast. The rest of this week we will no doubt hear how our players have learned from it and will go to Wembley full of vigour and purpose. Heard it all before, so, it's a case of just shut up with the platitudes and do any talking in the pitch.

Friday night could be a right seeing to, if he goes with the same line up. When I say could, I of course mean it will be. We as a football nation, are a mere shadow of a dark patch of a once football player producing country. I can't remember a time when we didn't have a single striker who was actually a striker. Woefully inept doesn't even touch the sides.

We are looking down the barrel of three consecutive arse handing ceremonies, and I have to be honest, I am fucking sick of it.

Apart from all that I am calm, stoic, slightly perturbed but not depressed. When you have been let down as many times as we have, you develop an, oh fuck it attitude. So, fuck it. I am.tempted to say we can't play any worse, but I won't, because I know we can and probably will, especially if Clarke doesn't listen to me. More fool him. Onward and downward. Our national team motto. or it should be.
Ahh it could be worse MP. You could be following Ireland. Bring back Frank Stapleton I say...

Well at least we have a couple of decent right backs.

I've got a lot of affinity to Scotland and hoped they would do OK but the reality is the football team is a bit wank.

I wasnt bothered about Scotland until I watched most of the game yesterday.

It was more I was pissed off with the appalling commentary and pundits.

Things like this is the best Scottish team ever, or blaming the player for taking on the shot which lead to the second goal. The keeper who was ridiculous so far of his line wasnt blamed lol.

The bbc coverage was so biased towards Scotland, I don't think the English courage is that biased.

They said Robertson had created 5 chances but only should one ! The other was over hit to no one and the third was blocked.

The commentators love for Robertson made me feel sick. I dont know why they didnt just get a room with him for a 3 some !

I wasnt bothered about Scotland until I watched most of the game yesterday.

It was more I was pissed off with the appalling commentary and pundits.

Things like this is the best Scottish team ever, or blaming the player for taking on the shot which lead to the second goal. The keeper who was ridiculous so far of his line wasnt blamed lol.

The bbc coverage was so biased towards Scotland, I don't think the English courage is that biased.

They said Robertson had created 5 chances but only should one ! The other was over hit to no one and the third was blocked.

The commentators love for Robertson made me feel sick. I dont know why they didnt just get a room with him for a 3 some !
If this is our best ever team, I'm an Aztec. This team wouldn't even be in the top 50. If they qualify they will be the first, but that doesnt mean they are anywhere near the best. And you have to remember, that was a single wank of a guy who was commentating. And I mean a total utter wank that is Rob McLean. If you could find another Scot who believed that, we need to get you on the case to find Shergar and the Holy Grail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.