Spurs thread 2020/21

You have to wonder what Joe Lewis is thinking about all this. I know he spends 90% of his time floating around the Bahamas on his massive yacht while Levy runs things but at what point do you say enough is enough?

Levy botched the stadium, delivering it 50% over budget.

He first refused to buy any players to improve the squad, then fired Pochettino, the only good manager they've had in 15 years.

He hired Mourinho out of his own hubris and agreed to his insane redundancy costs, put a 28 year old novice in charge of a cup final, and now has spend 6 months almost hiring half a dozen managers before backing out or being dumped.

Transfer policy is a shambles, the best player at the club is desperate to leave, they've thrown away a decade of good work to end up behind West Ham and Leicester City when the richer clubs messed up (as they did in 2015/16).

And lets not forget they were offered Jack Grealish for £20m in 2018 and returned with an offer of £5m upfront and a youth player.

Everything that you write here is correct, but the London football media is full of journalists who nonetheless insist on ignoring the evidence and who continue to depict Levy as some kind of sports business genius. This doubtless reflects the man's own self-image.

Maybe this next observation should be in one of the transfer threads, but it seems to me that this is the major likely barrier to a deal being reached between Spurs and Levy for Harry Kane. In theory, you have a player who wants out, a prospective selling club that can't fund a much-needed rebuild under a new manager without this sale, and a potential buyer that's reported to be keen to sign him. It shouldn't be hard to arrive at conditions for the transaction that are fair to all parties taking into account the player's age and injury record as well as the state of the post-Covid transfer market.

Regrettably, Levy's ego demands that he be seen to defeat everyone else in the negotiations, resulting in him briefing his supine friendly journalists that Spurs refer to do business at less than GBP 150 million. Whatever the amount Spurs might have expected to demand for Kane 18 months or two years ago, this is a wholly unrealistic figure in the current market. I'd be amazed if we even came close to agreeing to pay it.

Personally, I'd be delighted for City to land Kane but I do fear that this factor is going to scupper the move. But if City are going to get it over the line, the only way I can see it happening is for the fee to include heavy incentive-based payments for unlikely eventualities - for example, GBP 20 million payments becoming triggered if, during his time at the Etihad, Harry finds a cure for cancer or brokers a lasting peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians, and other similar types of quixotic bonuses.

Even then, you could bet on a welter of nauseatingly obsequious Spurs-friendly London football writers quoting the full figure without question or qualification, hailing another masterclass from the uniquely adroit negotiator Levy. The whole business of his depiction in the press is truly embarrassing.

TL, DR - DLIAC.

Everything that you write here is correct, but the London football media is full of journalists who nonetheless insist on ignoring the evidence and who continue to depict Levy as some kind of sports business genius. This doubtless reflects the man's own self-image.

Maybe this next observation should be in one of the transfer threads, but it seems to me that this is the major likely barrier to a deal being reached between Spurs and Levy for Harry Kane. In theory, you have a player who wants out, a prospective selling club that can't fund a much-needed rebuild under a new manager without this sale, and a potential buyer that's reported to be keen to sign him. It shouldn't be hard to arrive at conditions for the transaction that are fair to all parties taking into account the player's age and injury record as well as the state of the post-Covid transfer market.

Regrettably, Levy's ego demands that he be seen to defeat everyone else in the negotiations, resulting in him briefing his supine friendly journalists that Spurs refer to do business at less than GBP 150 million. Whatever the amount Spurs might have expected to demand for Kane 18 months or two years ago, this is a wholly unrealistic figure in the current market. I'd be amazed if we even came close to agreeing to pay it.

Personally, I'd be delighted for City to land Kane but I do fear that this factor is going to scupper the move. But if City are going to get it over the line, the only way I can see it happening is for the fee to include heavy incentive-based payments for unlikely eventualities - for example, GBP 20 million payments becoming triggered if, during his time at the Etihad, Harry finds a cure for cancer or brokers a lasting peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians, and other similar types of quixotic bonuses.

Even then, you could bet on a welter of nauseatingly obsequious Spurs-friendly London football writers quoting the full figure without question or qualification, hailing another masterclass from the uniquely adroit negotiator Levy. The whole business of his depiction in the press is truly embarrassing.

TL, DR - DLIAC.
£10m upfront and £140m if Levy manages to hire a manager who can actually win them a trophy.

Was looking at gatusso's record as manager - it's pretty crap. And that's without even taking into account his previous sexist, racist and homophobic comments.

Was looking at gatusso's record as manager - it's pretty crap. And that's without even taking into account his previous sexist, racist and homophobic comments.
Suits the "Lads Bantz" demographic...

Hahahahaha spurs have surely taken our old crown as the comedy club an absolute laughing stock they are,hope they get relegated as well the cnuts ..
Not as far fetched as it sounds. If Levy’s ridiculous posturing prevents Kane moving they’re left with an unhappy star man with the ankles of a 50 yr old and no money to refresh the squad. If Harry pops an ankle badly early on in the season they’re fucked, the crowd will turn on them, whoever the new manager is probably won’t make it to Christmas and the whole club will implode.

Still at least they can console themselves with the knowledge that they have the longest bar in Europe or whatever. Fucking clowns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.