England v Scotland | Euro 2020 Group Stage

Apologies to those posters that I debated with that Southgate wasn't that bad. Hands up, I was 100% wrong and last night opened my eyes to the fact he is utterly clueless when faced with a footballing problem. England were emphatically outplayed and outthought by Scotland. Let that sink in. Now I am as proud of my country as any Scot but there is no way on gods good earth we should have lived with England given the talent available.

Pulling Phil when he was clearly the only threat England had must have been the worst in a long line of bad decisions. Two defensive midfielders against Scotland? Wtf? A gaping space where central midfield should have been. Bloody hell, England made Gilmour in his first international look like prime time Kante.

I know Pep will make more of Greilish and Kane but oh dear, think themselves lucky they are not being judged on last night.

Big improvements required if England are to go deep in this competition. Scotland will fail bravely (being Scotland).

There isn't one of us, not one single English football fan, who didn't see the writing on the wall the moment Southgate was given the job. We knew we were getting a man who's brand of dull, insipid football had caused him to be sacked at Middlesborough: we knew we were getting an an-unabashed FA yes-man who would tow the party line and not ruffle any feathers.
Yet some fans seem surprised that under him England have become a dour, sluggish side with zero creativity and a safety first attitude that is so tedious it sends the fans into a trance-like stupor every time.

We can sit here for hours on end arguing the relative merits of certain players and which position they are best suited for on the pitch: we can adapt the 'tunnel-vision' attitude of certain posters who believe England are the greatest at everything, but in so doing we are overlooking the simple fact that faith is not a virtue, it is not a belief to be proud of.
We have some good players, and we have some very very good players, but under the guidance of a not very good manager we are collectively going nowhere.

Apologies to those posters that I debated with that Southgate wasn't that bad. Hands up, I was 100% wrong and last night opened my eyes to the fact he is utterly clueless when faced with a footballing problem. England were emphatically outplayed and outthought by Scotland. Let that sink in. Now I am as proud of my country as any Scot but there is no way on gods good earth we should have lived with England given the talent available.

Pulling Phil when he was clearly the only threat England had must have been the worst in a long line of bad decisions. Two defensive midfielders against Scotland? Wtf? A gaping space where central midfield should have been. Bloody hell, England made Gilmour in his first international look like prime time Kante.

I know Pep will make more of Greilish and Kane but oh dear, think themselves lucky they are not being judged on last night.

Big improvements required if England are to go deep in this competition. Scotland will fail bravely (being Scotland).
You never told me you were Scottish, I'll let you off this time, but don't ever be Scottish again:)

Southgate is boring and clueless

It's like name 5 football managers dead or alive you would want to have a meal with and talk football.

Would anyone choose Southgate ?

Me....Pep, Mercer, Clough, Mancini, Bobby Robson

Perhaps this should be a new thread lol

All the best against Croatia, i hope you beat them and hopefully we (Wales) will join you and England in the last16

Enjoy it pal. When does the commemorative 0-0 DVD and T-shirts go on sale? ;)
I'm working on them right now.
Southgate tactics.

Right its not working, I will take off our best attacking player Foden. Put on Grealish in left wing. Switch the left winger to right wing.
Shit that's hasnt worked I will take of Kane cos he has been shit and put on St Marcus who is so fucking lazy but what else can I do ?

Well Southgate how about taking Kane of first pushing Sterling central, Grealish on left wing Foden on the right.
And getting rid of one of the DM and attack.
7 defensive players for the whole 90 minutes !
I was kicking my height when he took off young Foden. I love him as a player, everytime the wee **** got the ball my arse was going like a rabbits nostrils. Couldn't work out why he was taken off, but, by fuck was I happy to see it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.