Czech Republic v England | Euro 2020 Group Stage

Don’t think I’ve ever been so flat watching England in a major tournament. Glad we’re through and maybe against a better side we will be better. A week now of trying to get myself excited for the next game, but all I have in the back of my mind is that southgate will continue to leave his mark on this team.

I don't think l have heard commentary and punditry teams quite so sniping towards City players since league matches against teams in red.
The three who played plus Foden all received sly and more obvious digs for the whole programme. If it had not been for Raz we would have been out with Scotland but with three games without a goal as well as a win.
Glad it wasn’t just me. Dixon has been screaming for Sterling and Foden to be out and Grealish to be in their place. All talked about Walker being ‘dropped’ rather than just rested for certain games and Stones was lambasted by a few because he hit the post.

Its all about the clicks and it’s the media who drive the pressure on our team. Even though they’re together the media and fans will always be devisive. No way can you play to your best knowing that every kick will be lambasted by the media.

Pretty much this, a very similar decent spell for 20 or so minutes like against Croatia without ever really creating too much but very average apart from that.

Grealish tbf was in a no win situation as he’d been built up to be Messi like over the past week or so!
I thought Grealish played well and so did Saka (at least in the first half). Kane was terrible. He looks totally knackered. No pace and very little movement off the ball. The commentators kept saying no one is creating chances for Kane but he is so flat-footed. It was almost walking football. For me he has been a fantastic goalscorer for years but he looks shot to pieces. He can't be fully fit.

I find it quite amusing that, for years, England have been casting envious glances at countries who produce technically and tactically excellent players. We produce one in Foden and want to immediately drop him for a 'ten a penny' winger like Saka because he get's in behind the fullback and runs the channels.
Foden was left out because he was on a yellow card. That's why he wasn't on the bench tonight.

Spot-on. The cult of Southgate's England needs calling out. That was a shit performance. I actually think this is the best England squad, technically at least, for many years. So why do they have to play like Burnley? Hoof ball from Pickford, long balls into the channels, win the second ball, no creativity. That is all down to the playing style. Negative and dull. Southgate is just Pulis in a suit.

All three performances have been pretty dire except for odd flashes of quality here and there. People like Blue Hammer will rightly say we topped the group and to be fair in a group containing Czechoslovakia, Croatia and a fierce local rival it is no mean feat, even if we have looked pretty awful getting there. The aim though is to actually win a bloody tournament not just make up the numbers. With the good young talent we have at our disposal we should be looking to do more than just play like Burnley.

He rarely lost the ball all game, beat people and tracked back well. Ridiculous to say that wasn’t a very good performance from the lad.
Not ridulous at all. Best from a really flat performance.
Forward player who didn't get an assist or goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.