Covid and travel discussion

2 friends of mine got back from Gran Canaria 2 weeks ago. They paid for an extra test to get out of isolation early when they got back. In total the PCR tests cost £600. That’s £300 each. The price of tests will force a lot of folk to stay at home.

2 friends of mine got back from Gran Canaria 2 weeks ago. They paid for an extra test to get out of isolation early when they got back. In total the PCR tests cost £600. That’s £300 each. The price of tests will force a lot of folk to stay at home.

That's mental. Why are the tests that you can get for free not acceptable? If people need them for holidays they could charge to cover costs and make a small profit but £600 is a piss take.

Skaithos booked for aug, pushed on from aug 2020. Its bought and paid for.

feel like i have these options

a) push it on to 2022. Booked through TUI so although a risk they might go bump my money would probably be protected.

b) let it run and see where we are up to nearer the time and if greece goes green. Dont want to risk being there a day and they go amber!

C) see if they will switch the hol to malta or another green country. Run same risk as above and the destination going amber whilst there.

d) let it run til last minute and if greece still amber then try for a refund.

Bollocksed if i know whats best. But i do know the clock is ticking …quickly!!
We should have been going to Lesvos on the 4th of July, we thave had to change the date 3 times, but that's it now giving up on this year hopefully get our money back of Jet2 today

We should have been going to Lesvos on the 4th of July, we thave had to change the date 3 times, but that's it now giving up on this year hopefully get our money back of Jet2 today
Beautiful island.

yeah im torn between desperation of some sun, cold beers on the beach and some lovely greek food .. and weary with the whole thing and tempted to cancel and getting my gelt back.

one thing thats holding me back from the latter is that i think the cost of foreign hols will go through the roof in 2022, so if ive got one bought and paid for (actually at 2019 prices) itll be a good deal to shove on a year.

probs got another month to decide

The quarantine isn’t the issue it’s the testing costs, whether you’ve had the jabs or not you can still be a carrier so at what point does the testing stop? Money making scam and we all know who’s making it.

I go to Tenerife a lot and I am missing it. Their whole approach is even more haphazard than ours. They locked down much harder than ourselves and for longer but it didn't really help. The ones who live in the more tourist South blame the ones in the north for the spike in cases. I'm amazed for an island that relies predominantly on tourism they haven't got their house in order yet. They have just moved to level three again, all indoor facilities closed and only 75% capacity on terraces and an 11pm closure. The ridiculous mask wearing outdoors is supposed to end this week but we'll see.
Bloody hell we are booked for end of September, I would’ve thought these small islands would’ve been able to all but irradicate it.

Beautiful island.

yeah im torn between desperation of some sun, cold beers on the beach and some lovely greek food .. and weary with the whole thing and tempted to cancel and getting my gelt back.

one thing thats holding me back from the latter is that i think the cost of foreign hols will go through the roof in 2022, so if ive got one bought and paid for (actually at 2019 prices) itll be a good deal to shove on a year.

probs got another month to decide
Go into Manchester, find a nice bar for a beer then go to Dimitris, think of the money you’ll save ;-) I’m doing roughly that today, don’t think I’ll need my shorts though :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.