Melbourne City FC Thread

Just in and speechless.

Will enjoy a quiet glass and try to take it in all.

Might post something more significant in while.

Thankyou all for the support and sympathy it's been a long journey.

I still doesn't feel right, but we actually done it.
Every City fan on here knows exactly how you feel right now. Have a party.

Just in and speechless.

It will probably take a while to sink in.

I know it did for me, when we finally won a trophy in 2011.

As we say here.

There's only one team in Melbourne! Go City!

Now to win the Asian Champions League and then the FIFA Cub World Cup!

Last edited:
Just in and speechless.

Heartman I take it you was a fan before the takeover? Do you think that CFG have kept their promise to improve the club and are the older fans are now on board? I hope that you have enjoyed the journey.

gday sports, fair dinkum bruce for winning the aussie rules league, now get to the beach get some shrimp on the barby and rattle a few sheilas, whatchya

tie me kangaroo down sport
tie me kangaroo down

sorry :)

Okay, here I go.

I have grown up loving the game, a son of eastern European migrant that followed and suported a team in the old NSL throughout the late 70s to late 80s until it folded. Lost love with local game, always supported the national team and adopted a team in most of the big leagues but never really connected.
Became a foundation member of Heart, as I was attracted by what their ideals at inception where and actually met and got to know JVS (inagural coach).

Melbourne Heart wanted to play beautiful football and had strong ambitions of developing community. They never really got close, Melbourne is a saturated sporting landscape with 20+ elite sporting clubs and for a city of 6 million there isn't much room to get much traction, having said that Heart was always competetive and developed a core of passionate loyal supporters. We were small but we felt connected. Continually looked down on from Victory sicophants and continually marginalized by Sydney centric soccer media.

Then in 2014 it all changed (we hoped),

It was announced CFG had bought Heart, which was completely out of the blue (sky).

From then to now has been a journey, mistakes have been made, some big ones both on and off the pitch. Some Heart faithful walked, but new City ones have come along.

The most satisfying thing is that CFG have been able to do what Heart couldn't and it was just because of the cash (obviously that helped) but because of an unwavering commitment to their plan.

We won the double with young players from our system and the best senior Socceroos. We have become the benchmark and hopefully this is just the beginning of glorious time to be alive and in Melbourne following a team that is truly becoming the core of my soul.

Please note the above is written on day 3 of planned 7 day bender.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.