City Football Group | Secure $650m loan facility for infrastructure projects (p 54)

I was not meaning City, I was meaning CFG. Unless I am wrong he started CFG with just us for 200 mill, since then he has sent the odd pound or two but he has seen his investment CFG. grow to billions. My point was the Rag I spoke to and a lot of others think City/CFG are still worth 200 mill.
You haven't factored in licence cost for NYCFC, purchase price of the other clubs and accumulated losses for them. The MLS licence for instance was $100m iirc.

I was not meaning City, I was meaning CFG. Unless I am wrong he started CFG with just us for 200 mill, since then he has sent the odd pound or two but he has seen his investment CFG. grow to billions. My point was the Rag I spoke to and a lot of others think City/CFG are still worth 200 mill.
I'm honestly not being deliberately picky here (and I may be wrong anyway) but I think he bought City first for £200 million and then set up the CFG.

You haven't factored in licence cost for NYCFC, purchase price of the other clubs and accumulated losses for them. The MLS licence for instance was $100m iirc.
I'm honestly not being deliberately picky here (and I may be wrong anyway) but I think he bought City first for £200 million and then set up the CFG.
You are both correct.

But @Blue Mist’s general point still stands, which is that most other football fans (and especially supporters of “rival” clubs) don’t know that our owner’s investment has appreciated considerably (and City, specifically, is the crown jewel as one of the now self-sustaining elements of CFG).

That is partly down to wilful ignorance, of course, but it is also partly due to media-at-large not being particularly eager to make that apparent in their reporting, whilst at the same time continually exaggerating (or outright lying about) the financial health of certain other clubs.

There are many reasons for that, chief among them maximisation of engagement for advert revenue and the fact that so many ex-players and ex-staff of those clubs occupy roles in various media outlets, but it is somewhat challenging for our club, as it makes it easier to perpetuate the myth that we are a loss-operating enterprise entirely supported by unlimited cash infusions.

If that is the case we need to set up a crowd funding page. Struggle to get a garden shed for that.
Have you seen the work they have finished in Uruguay? I think this money is probably for the Melbourne complex that they are starting soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.