Who’s gone in the summer?

While Bernie is fantastic,and brings an industry and occassional magic to the side.....adding the best striker in the league along with a midfielder who is a leader,takes games by the scuff,and is capable of regular,genuine,game changing moments.....makes a nonsense of that statement.

Harsh that mate I think a fully functioning midfield is very important and our midfield with him is much better than without. Adding Kane and Grealish would be great but plonking Rodri Gundog and KDB behind them wouldn’t be ideal.

Harsh that mate I think a fully functioning midfield is very important and our midfield with him is much better than without. Adding Kane and Grealish would be great but plonking Rodri Gundog and KDB behind them wouldn’t be ideal.
Not harsh at all,as it stands Bernie in our midfield is our best option.

But Kane and Grealish improve on that.

How would replacing Bernie with Grealish,and adding the best striker in the league weaken us?

Just to clarify....in order to accomodate,there are other players id much rather lose than Bernie.

How would replacing Bernie with Grealish,and adding the best striker in the league weaken us?

Just to clarify....in order to accomodate,there are other players id much rather lose than Bernie.

The last part means we are not too far apart in our thinking.

Kane improves us due to his height so naturally he gives us a better Arial attack, if he tries to do as much work as Jesus he is going to spend his entire City Career on the treatment table, Grealish does nothing to improve us, he will just give us a bigger label of divers, both will cost a lot but more important both will take up huge wages limiting us.
My opinion obviously but there is only one player that blocks squad improvement at the Club Mendy.

Kane improves us due to his height so naturally he gives us a better Arial attack, if he tries to do as much work as Jesus he is going to spend his entire City Career on the treatment table, Grealish does nothing to improve us, he will just give us a bigger label of divers, both will cost a lot but more important both will take up huge wages limiting us.
My opinion obviously but there is only one player that blocks squad improvement at the Club Mendy.
All Kane brings is height, seriously?

Depends who you are comparing Grealish to because he certainly scores and creates more than Bernardo for example.

How is Mendy blocking squad improvement, he is backup LB. What more do you want?

All Kane brings is height, seriously?

Depends who you are comparing Grealish to because he certainly scores and creates more than Bernardo for example.

How is Mendy blocking squad improvement, he is backup LB. What more do you want?
I did not say ALL but his height for us would be his main attribute, what he has done done for others is their business and no doubt they adapted their team to suit him.
Grealish is a very good player and everything goes through him at Villa, he will not replicate those figures at City, not when his main competitors on the left are Gundogan, Foden and Sterling.
As for Mendy he is back up LB, but he is back up to a Midfielder i want a LB that will challenge our best LB at present that is our RB

I did not say ALL but his height for us would be his main attribute, what he has done done for others is their business and no doubt they adapted their team to suit him.
Grealish is a very good player and everything goes through him at Villa, he will not replicate those figures at City, not when his main competitors on the left are Gundogan, Foden and Sterling.
As for Mendy he is back up LB, but he is back up to a Midfielder i want a LB that will challenge our best LB at present that is our RB
I would think his main attribute is ability to score goals, many of our forwards been a bit allergic to that in the past 18mths.

He might do, might not. Who knows.

Mendy is backup to a LB, Zinchenko is not a midfielder. It seems Zinchenko has done fine without any major challenge recently and Cancelo perfectly adept at LB also. LB is definitely our lowest priority.

I would think his main attribute is ability to score goals, many of our forwards been a bit allergic to that in the past 18mths.

Mendy is backup to a LB, Zinchenko is not a midfielder. It seems Zinchenko has done fine without any major challenge recently and Cancelo perfectly adept at LB also. LB is definitely our lowest priority.
Even Kane will struggle to score from midfield, perhaps that is another attribute Kane will make sure he gets played as a striker?
Too true the proof of the pudding and all that.
I rate Zinchenko the best LB in the league but not a LWB and Cancelo outstanding but it could be 62 games and as Pep has shown if Mendy who is a LWB is here Pep will play him.
Replacing Aguero is our only priority, Fernandinho offset another, Sane replacement could be another Mendy`s injuries is another.

LB certainly is not our lowest priorty. its at the top of the list after striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.