Seasoncard - 2021/22

I think this is the only way it will work, being realistic- once the club has proof of your vaccination status, then the ticketing could work as normal, provided you have a smart phone. Those who don’t will have more hassle at the ground, but if the majority do use the smart phone option then in theory it will make it easier for the process as a whole.

I would imagine that the government would agree to this (i.e. use of the vaccine QR code) as long as they have the ability to revoke people’s vaccination status if they are pinged by the COVID app.

The story from the Times this morning suggests that the PL voluntarily want to have the vaccination status rule in place for the start of the season, rather than in September, so we could hear something about this relatively soon.
Surely that cant be the case as it would exclude a large chunk of our u25s waiting for their second dose. I think rapid test results would surely have to be allowed till end September?

Surely that cant be the case as it would exclude a large chunk of our u25s waiting for their second dose. I think rapid test results would surely have to be allowed till end September?
Excludes a lot more that that if August, the minimum wait between doses is 8 weeks a and then there is the lag for the antibodies. A lot of under 40s will be struggling. Where I was by the time I was being contacted there appointments were 2 months away and there was a 12 week gap needed, so more or less six months to get full anti-bodies.

Proof of a Lateral flow test will reportedly be allowed, and perhaps will be for the full season, but again I would imagine that the clubs will be banking on the idea of using the vaccination QR code for the bulk of supporters, in order to minimise the disruption when entering the ground.

With the best will in the world, I can’t see how even 30 or 40k people will be able to enter the ground in an orderly fashion if they have to physically show either proof of vaccination or a negative test. So some degree of automation is probably required.

The Times article suggests that the PL want the procedures in place for the start of the season rather than wait for the government to act, so plans are already well advanced by the looks of it.

Tbh I reckon your vaccine QR code will be linked to your ticket on your phone.

I think this is the reason they are moving to online ticketing across the league.
The QR code changes very 28 days or so? I'm not that technical but think the easiest way (should it be made mandatory) would be for you to show proof to the club before they release your digital ticket? I understand it will be a digital season card rather than individual tickets every game so would only have to be done once.

Proof of a Lateral flow test will reportedly be allowed, and perhaps will be for the full season, but again I would imagine that the clubs will be banking on the idea of using the vaccination QR code for the bulk of supporters, in order to minimise the disruption when entering the ground.

With the best will in the world, I can’t see how even 30 or 40k people will be able to enter the ground in an orderly fashion if they have to physically show either proof of vaccination or a negative test. So some degree of automation is probably required.

The Times article suggests that the PL want the procedures in place for the start of the season rather than wait for the government to act, so plans are already well advanced by the looks of it.
You can get a "covid pass" QR code for a Negative test on the same app so I can't see it being an issue, just depends whether the gov go ahead with vaccination only from September onwards I guess.

The QR code changes very 28 days or so? I'm not that technical but think the easiest way (should it be made mandatory) would be for you to show proof to the club before they release your digital ticket? I understand it will be a digital season card rather than individual tickets every game so would only have to be done once.
If the QR code expires after 28 days then would we not have to keep sending the updated code every 28 days?
Sounds like a load of bollocks if you ask me .
They’ll probably ask us to fill out a quick survey also at the turnstile!

Yea I think the NHS app generates a new QR every 24 hours, i’d imagine you upload/scan it before the first game and that’s you for the season I’d imagine.

Probably be a nightmare first game with people not doing it etc, but after that should be forgotten about largely

If the QR code expires after 28 days then would we not have to keep sending the updated code every 28 days?
Sounds like a load of bollocks if you ask me .
They’ll probably ask us to fill out a quick survey also at the turnstile!
Shouldn't have to do it every month. I think the fact it changes it more to do with international travel?

Season tickets holders should only have to do it once but no doubt City or the GOV will make it as difficult as possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.