CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

The podcast I listen to that I believe you where on you said you disagreed with some other expert in regards to Etihad I think you said it doesn’t matter if it game from ADUG this other expert disagreed can you explain more please thanks
I expect the answer in the DM tomorrow.

Sorry but it's not true.

We have major PR issues, most UK, Spanish, Italians and Germans consider us to be cheats, via a vile press and media campaign which is clearly backed by "historical clubs with 'istory".

If you think it does not effect our standing in terms of sponsorship, I think you are simply wrong, it does.

What major International company would want to put hundreds of millions of pounds into a organisation that is considered "dodgy and has falsified its accounts" whoever false it has proved to be.

With the achievements of the club on and off the field, we should have sponsors knocking the door down to be involved with us.

Until the club stops these slurs, they will continue.

If we have nothing to hide and I believe we don't, then lets see some action from our club and owner.

Silverlake didn’t seem to mind.

Sometimes, after reading all this stuff, and all the political arguments, cheating allegations, hatred between fans, reporters out to damage reputations, biased pundits/press, backhanders, corruption by FIFA, agents and players earning millions each month, some for not even playing...

I wonder if it's all worth it.

I could just go fishing.

Sometimes, after reading all this stuff, and all the political arguments, cheating allegations, hatred between fans, reporters out to damage reputations, biased pundits/press, backhanders, corruption by FIFA, agents and players earning millions each month, some for not even playing...

I wonder if it's all worth it.

I could just go fishing.
But if you did just go fishing the liars would win. The harder road is tougher to ride out but if you stick to it the ride is often worth it. These media tossers are not going to fight City’s battles but we know who they are and their angles we just need to keep rehashing what we know too. A philosophical way to look at it is that these tossers are trying to remain relevant and earn their living through this bias however unpalatable that is to us, they just don’t have another story to fall on for mass racist appeal.

Can anyone give me a brief update on this? Ie. Is it likely to amount to anything??? What was Pedro Porro talking about when he said 'something big is going to happen next week." He sounded very bitter and as if hape knew something. Could be completely unrelated if course.

Last edited:
The podcast I listen to that I believe you where on you said you disagreed with some other expert in regards to Etihad I think you said it doesn’t matter if it game from ADUG this other expert disagreed can you explain more please thanks
I'll try. Under FFP, an owner can put in funds to cover a small amount of losses or they can put in funds via sponsorships.

Sheikh Mansour could put a billion pounds in our bank account but we can only spend that money in line with our revenue, and that billion pounds isn't classed as revenue as it goes on our balance sheet. However ADUG could sponsor us for a billion pounds, and that would be revenue, as it would appear on the Profit and Loss account.

FFP seeks to stop this and says that any entity defined as a related party (which is an established accounting concept) can only introduce sponsorship revenue if that contract represents fair market value. That means if it's what an unrelated third party would pay. The going rate for shirt sponsorships is now probably around £40-45m for clubs in our position so if ADUG sponsored us for £100m, that wouldn't be regarded as fair market value. Or if it paid us that for a full page advert in the programme.

To be precise, they could do that (sponsor our shirt for £100m a year) but we'd have to disregard a lot of that for FFP purposes. UEFA might only allow us to recognise £45m of that £100m as revenue, although it'd still be sat in our bank account. That happened with PSG and Qatar, where they had to disregard most of the €200m that Qatar put in as sponsorship.

If, however, the entity sponsoring us isn't classed as a related party, there is no concept of fair market value and they can pay us whatever they like. City (and our auditors) do not regard Etihad as a related party and, even if it was, the sponsorship was generally regarded (by UEFA and CAS) as representing fair value. But there's more.

The whole point of UEFA's charges, and the CAS case, was that Etihad was only paying a small part of their sponsorship and that the bulk of the money was coming from someone else. UEFA (or the CFCB to be precise) felt it was ADUG, whereas the CAS hearing showed it came from central funds supplied by the Executive Affairs Authority to Etihad (which I'd discovered some years ago). EAA isn't a related party to City so in that case, it didn't matter where Etihad got their money from. They paid us a certain amount and they got commercial exposure commensurate with what they paid.

If, on the other hand, CAS had found that ADUG had routed money into City via Etihad, it's 99% certain we would have been found to have contravened FFP and the ban would almost certainly have been upheld. Stefan, for all the brilliant work he's done on the legal side of this, is wrong to say that it didn't matter where those additional funds came from. It was quite simply the core issue at the heart of the CFCB's charges and the CAS hearing.

It mattered very much in fact. ADUG = ban, not ADUG = no ban.

Last edited:
View attachment 22052

=Here is a few for you, looks to be roughly a few billion worth there.

Stop talking shite. If it was a problem the club would sort it.

Taking no mark reporters to court gives more fuel to the fire. Imagine the tweets from Nick Harris then.

"OIL RICH CITY CONDEMN FREE PRESS" "ABU DHABI STAMPS DOWN ON REPORTERS" "PEP GIVES THE GO AHEAD ON NEWS BLACKOUT".
“SOMEONE FROM CITY GAVE ME A RIGHT GOOD TWATTING” if Carlsberg did headlines .

Yep. The scousers mudered Italians. The Italians match fixed over a long period. Real Madrid were Franco the murderers team. They don’t seem to struggle for sponsors.
Are they getting hundreds of negative stories written about them each year?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.