Leicester (N) - Community Shield | Pre-Match Thread

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How come Luke Shaw & Maguire started for Rags today and yet Raheem, Walker & Stones nowhere to be seen.
Our decision to set the come back date as late as we have. Grealish was back at Villa for about a week yet we aren't expecting the English and Brazilian lads back until Monday. Difficult to see the benefit of those extra few days when we could have given them 30 minutes today but we've heard Pep mention the importance of rest numerous times, I suspect he thinks we can do without for the start and we will see the benefit as the season progresses.

How come Luke Shaw & Maguire started for Rags today and yet Raheem, Walker & Stones nowhere to be seen.

Because we are better at managing the load on our players. OGS rarely rests players as it requires managerial ability to move pieces around. They will pay the piper sooner or later for not rotating.

Their team probably should beat us tbh. Depends on the levels of fitness/sharpness that each team has and I’ve no idea how tuned they are?

Our decision to set the come back date as late as we have. Grealish was back at Villa for about a week yet we aren't expecting the English and Brazilian lads back until Monday. Difficult to see the benefit of those extra few days when we could have given them 30 minutes today but we've heard Pep mention the importance of rest numerous times, I suspect he thinks we can do without for the start and we will see the benefit as the season progresses.
I'd say this. Last season we had a really good injury record for the most part. So I'm optimistic that we weren't just lucky and this is all part of a sensible plan like you've suggested.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Zinchenko

Rodi
De Bruyne
Grealish

Sterling
Jesus
Foden

None of these players are starting. They are at all full strength..hopefully I'm proven wrong
That ain't a bad B team tbf

Because we are better at managing the load on our players. OGS rarely rests players as it requires managerial ability to move pieces around. They will pay the piper sooner or later for not rotating.
Only if they decide to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.