Harry Kane

How many golden boots did he win in the PL. I think you will find he had one very good season 16/17 the rest were average but dont let a few facts get in the way of your adulation.

Agüero got one Golden Boot in ten seasons despite playing for comfortably the best team in the league during that time period. By your logic Sergio must've been bang average.

PL Golden Boots do not dictate who is and isn't a world-class striker. Goal records do, though. Lukaku's goal record is extremely impressive when considering the five seasons he has spent under a competent manager.

Agüero got one Golden Boot in ten seasons despite playing for comfortably the best team in the league during that time period. By your logic Sergio must've been bang average.

PL Golden Boots do not dictate who is and isn't a world-class striker. Goal records do, though. Lukaku's goal record is extremely impressive when considering the five seasons he has spent under a competent manager.
Yeah. It's difficult to argue against Lukaku in good faith. He should do very well at Chelsea.

Doubt it. Think it’s now or never for Kane.

Hopefully.

We'd be much better off going for Haaland next summer. Really not that arsed about Kane this summer.

My absolute worst nightmare would be us signing Kane and Haaland ending up at United next year.

We don't seem to need to worry about Chelsea with them securing Lukaku. Mbappe will end up at Real in the next 12 months and Barca don't have a pot to piss in. United will be in for a striker next summer though, if anything let them take the punt on a 29 year old Kane for 100m+ and we can get a 21 year old Haaland for 60m.

dont be silly, we both know why Aguero didnt win more golden boots, he had alot of injuries, can you say the same for that lump lukaku. no.

Hopefully.

We'd be much better off going for Haaland next summer. Really not that arsed about Kane this summer.

My absolute worst nightmare would be us signing Kane and Haaland ending up at United next year.

We don't seem to need to worry about Chelsea with them securing Lukaku. Mbappe will end up at Real in the next 12 months and Barca don't have a pot to piss in. United will be in for a striker next summer though, if anything let them take the punt on a 29 year old Kane for 100m+ and we can get a 21 year old Haaland for 60m.
As a Leeds fan and knowing Haaland is a Leeds fan that’s my nightmare too.

*I can’t be arsed arguing if he’s a Leeds or City fan. He clearly has affinity for both.

I'm not a fan of the casual way people would get Haaland next summer. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I just want to be able to say City has the best striker in the league again. It's tough for me to put a negative spin on buying last years golden boot and top-creator winner who the greatest manager is insistent would work in this team.

Lukaku is a great player, but his goal record in the Premier League isn't up there with Aguero and Kane. Since his breakout season with West Brom, he's scored more than 20 league goals just once (he's been better in Serie A, but then so are a lot of strikers). Aguero managed it 6 times in 10 years and no doubt would have done it more if it wasn't for injuries. Meanwhile, since his breakout season in 14/15, Harry Kane has scored more than 20 in 5 out of 7 seasons, and scored 30 and 29 in two of them. Both him and Lukaku have a record of almost a goal a game in Europe and cups though, but let's be honest, you often play some dross in those competitions, especially if you're in the Europa league for a lot of it.

I just want to be able to say City has the best striker in the league again.

Point is we'd only be able to say it for 12 months if Haaland then signs for another PL side next summer.

Yes we'd have a lot of competition for Halaand's signature next summer but it's objectively the better signing.

Let United deal with Levy for a 29 year old Kane next summer.

We have to be mindful of not letting a huge talent go to another PL club, let alone one in a position we're crying out for. Look what Hazard did for Chelsea in 2012.

Van Persie singlehandedly won United the league after joining them that same summer. Imagine a player of his quality joining them at 21. Or imagine the impact he'd have here. I don't feel the same way about Kane.

I'm not a fan of the casual way people would get Haaland next summer. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I just want to be able to say City has the best striker in the league again. It's tough for me to put a negative spin on buying last years golden boot and top-creator winner who the greatest manager is insistent would work in this team.
I reckon there's a good reason why there isn't more of a clamour for Haaland from the top clubs. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being the sort of wage-structure-breaking trouble for whoever buys him, and because of the cheap release clause, his agent would end up demanding ridiculous Messi-esque wages. The sort of wages that bring a football club to its knees.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.