Leicester (N) - Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

Half our team haven't even kicked a ball in a competittive game yet. Chill out FFS.

He ended the season very poorly and it cost him a CL final place, so needs to start this one better.
Give the guy a chance, he is had less than a week back training.

This season is nine months long, players form, fitness and influence will dip in and out, that's why we have a big squad full of internationals.

Pep can’t win. He gets told to blood players in the Academy and when he does he gets criticised for it.

The performance was fine given everything and the result isn’t important.

We will suffer in the first month then fight back.
In reality what team could he play? The one yesterday.

Most of our best players have had less than a week back, and a lot not even back, incredible and stupid some of the comments on here about selection and form.

The season starts in 7 days away at Spurs who's fans will make us know they're not happy at us trying to steal their "one of our own". Half our team haven't trained a fucking day since the Euros yet. Our 2 best players are out injured for weeks. Our other 1st team players looked massively (lol) off the pace and undercooked. I'm worried about our possible start having a big impact on the chase to retain the title. In our first competitive game we were toothless up front and we haven't got a striker available unless Jesus gets back from Tokoyo quick smart. It's a shit show pre season - again!

We’re going to have a slow start, no doubt about that. If you look at our first 8 fixtures compared to United and Liverpool’s, by MW9 we could be 8-10 points behind them before we play Burnley.

Hopefully by that time we will have everyone fit and and we can go on one of our customary winning streaks with a favourable fixture list up to MW19 at Christmas with away games at Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, United and Leicester out of the way.

I can see the title winners this year winning it with a total points in the late 70’s like in the mid 1990’s.

I am currently by no means confident we can go on a 21-24 game winning streak like we did last year. We just looked miles away today.
Not like me to feel this reticent about our league chances, let's hope I'm wrong,

Fuckin hell, it’s going to be a rough year for a few on here if this game is a yardstick for the season ahead. I mean, what could a fit and healthy Ederson, Walker, Zinchenko, Stones, Laporte, KDB, Foden, Sterling and Jesus (let alone Grealish, Rodri and maybe even Kane!) possibly add to this team?!

We are well and truly fucked! Let’s hope we can get to 40 points by next May and finish above 18th!

Pep out!

SMH

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.