Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the clubs he can join, and I don’t think it will be city, I think he’d be making a big mistake joining PSG.

There are few clubs more widely disliked. I hate the fact we are often spoken about in the same sentence. For whatever has been said about FFP, our club has always been built on community values with a strong local identity, and we’ve grown organically along with the premier league.

They don’t even try to hide their overspending. The Neymar and Mbappe transfers have distorted football finances. And this is a club that was never truly a big french side, and which played in a country which historically placed very little value on league football (from experience living in France, and even following PSG many years before they were bought).

I think many would end up rooting for him to fail, except for the 13 year olds on twitter who support players not clubs
Uh ?

For the overspending, i'll admit PSG will target your flashy player like Neymar, Mbappe. However, City have spent more than PSG overall.

How do you know what PSG do locally ? PSG players visit children at hospitals, they give funds to some charity, PSG developped their PSG academy even into the French overseas territories. When the Parc des Princes got renovated, it was PSG who paid instead of the owners (Paris city hall).

Then PSG not a true big french side. How do you explain the main french match being OM versus PSG ? Those are and were the 2 most followed clubs. Also, the only two clubs with an European Cup. PSG was rated number one club in 1998 UEFA coefficient.

Reactions: Pam
Can’t believe we’re not going balls deep on this.

Either we’ve blown the budget on £100m, £350k a week number 10 Jack Grealish, or we’re behaving like a jealous spurned ex. Or both.

I presume that the offer that we made him last season still stands. Can't see a reason why we wouldn't have spoken to him, we don't tend to operate like that.

questions must be asked about FFP and PSG if they sign messi. reports are £1million a week basic wage right up to £2million. he wants a 3 year deal also a crazy signing on fee of £50mmilion

Barcelona negotiated the contracts with his people. They can't put all the blame on Messi: they could have said no to Messi earlier as they could and shold not have offered such ludicrous contracts to other, lesser, players. They have only themselves to blame. Now they can't register him (or anyone else) are going to the dogs and have - at long, long last - had to tell him they can't pay him any longer. More than a club ... more like a bunch of nutters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.