Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

Cancelo was dreadful aswell whilst we’re at it. Apart from KDB there’s a complete lack of intelligence in the team.

Not even going there with Mendy, quite possibly tops the list of his horrow shows.

Poor performance, picked up when our best player came on. Him and Grealish will be phenomenal this year but I feel that won't be enough this year. We wont get enough goals. We need to keep Laporte at all costs because Ake as back up is not a good situation and as for Mendy well he's absolute dross. Watching him I get a little agitated every time he gets the ball. He's such a bad footballer and easily our worst player in the squad and needs to go.

Miles of the pace and clearly not fit, but there are still lots of questions to answer in my book. Mendy’s selection, the lack of a ball winning midfielder and Sterling’s role in the side are things that can’t be ignored even if today was always going to be difficult.

Would have liked to see Palmer today given the obvious lack of legs in midfield.

Grealish, KDB and Foden behind a top striker sounds good but the rest of the team needs a lot of work.

more than anything that was a huge condemnation of our recruitmeant team. mendy and ake cost nearly 100m pounds. criminal. championship level players.

put a striker in this team and I suspect we still look genuinely terrible. something about the tactics is just not working.
Harsh on the championship that

No doubt there will be flapping galore on this thread.

My take -

We were clearly not match fit or match mentally sharp. Evidenced by lack of a press, inability to make enough recovery runs, sloppy under hit and over hit passes, sloppiness in front of goal and lack of concentration.

This was all over the pitch, every single player.

20 minutes in and the early fire basically went out. Spurs cottoned onto that and you could see they were thinking "these are fucked, we can beat these today".

We'll need to get up to speed sharpish. I'm sure we will.
We need to get the proper first 14/15 back, fit and firing, and start cracking on.

The other major issue was, as ever, Mendy.

The man is so far adrift of the rest of our players ability wise it's literally unbelievable. I also still take the view he isn't "all there" mentally and is, in fact, not actually able to read the game. He simply doesn't sense danger, doesn't understand positioning and cannot judge the weight of a pass. At all. He makes numerous mistakes every time he plays.

For me, he cannot play a meaningful game for us again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.