Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

I completely agree, it was the wrong move to play him. I have just been trying to put across for the past 3(Christ I need to get some work done!) days that there was clearly a method behind the madness from Pep.

We never would have known if Fernandinho or Rodri would have made a difference.Is what it is. I always thought we might need to lose one to win one if that makes sense. Lets hope we roar back this season and when we have Mendy at LW in May 2022 we can do this all again!

I keep seeing this;
View attachment 24017
Anyone got any ideas? :-|
The AI is also trying to spell out the obvious to you too. Mate, you need to step away from your device & take a day or two out to rest & reflect...

Mate, you need to step away from your device & take a day or two out to rest & reflect...
I think you should do the same fella, you are still talking about a game of football that happened 80 days ago. Your post history has gone into a lot of conversations about it, its best to let go.

The world is a different place now though.
We have signed one of the brightest players in the prem, we have a world class squad and manager and when we sign Harry next week we will finally have the striker we need for a strong season.

Enjoy the season blue and I might run into you at the Etihad one day and get you a pint in a disposable cup!

If not, I hope to see you after a win in a post-match thread and perhaps Gundo has scored the winning goal?
Might even be from a deep defensive midfield position ;)

I think you should do the same fella, you are still talking about a game of football that happened 80 days ago. Your post history has gone into a lot of conversations about it, its best to let go.

The world is a different place now though.
We have signed one of the brightest players in the prem, we have a world class squad and manager and when we sign Harry next week we will finally have the striker we need for a strong season.

Enjoy the season blue and I might run into you at the Etihad one day and get you a pint in a disposable cup!

If not, I hope to see you after a win in a post-match thread and perhaps Gundo has scored the winning goal?
Might even be from a deep defensive midfield position ;)
Luckily I'm not hyperventilating & going round in circles until I'm dizzy & sick like you seem to be. Like I said what's done is done, but our fear is that Guardiola will do it again, & there are no guarantees we'll ever make the CL Final again, let alone win it.

Also, why're you checking my post history?? Just to let you know I carry pepper spray to repel internet stalkers, so be warned! Enjoy your season. Hopefully Gundog will be played in his preferred No 8 position, as his shirt number & the player himself has recently stated. :-)

I mean it's the truth. That's how it always in football, especially with Pep.

“I decided the decision, to have quality players. Gundogan played many years in this position.
“To have speed, to find the small players, the quality, the brilliant players, inside, in the middle and between the lines.
“This was the decision.”
“It has been an exceptional season for us. It was a tight game. We had chances.
“We were brilliant in the second half, we were brave and we could not convert the chances as they were so strong. The players were exceptional. We come back maybe one day again!
“I did what I thought was the best decision (on his team selection).”

Might give you some closure.
No matter how he tries to explain, it was a terrible decision but that was not even pissed me off - what pissed me off so much was that when he saw that the “strategy” was not working, his ego was too big to have him change it on time and more worrisome is the fact that he still tried to justify the brain fart by those comments in your post meaning that he could do that nonsense again in the same situation since he still thinks he did the right thing.

Even if Gundo has played there before, when was the last time he played there especially in a very important match? Who does that kind of experimentation in a CL final match vs a bloody good counter-attacking side?

I completely agree, it was the wrong move to play him. I have just been trying to put across for the past 3(Christ I need to get some work done!) days that there was clearly a method behind the madness from Pep.

We never would have known if Fernandinho or Rodri would have made a difference.Is what it is. I always thought we might need to lose one to win one if that makes sense. Lets hope we roar back this season and when we have Mendy at LW in May 2022 we can do this all again!

I keep seeing this;
View attachment 24017
Anyone got any ideas? :-|
That’s why it is called football though - no matter if you have the current PSG side as your team playing a Norwich in the UCL finals, there is no certainty that you will win the match until the referee blows the final whistle. If Pep had done what he had consistently done leading up to the finals and lost which is very plausible because Chelsea are no mugs, I would excuse him as having done his best provided he made the right subs as the game progressed, then we’ll look elsewhere on who to blame. But why give your opposition an easier route to the trophy?

Ask any football fan - City fans, Chelsea fans, any football fan at all, they’d tell you that playing a CL final match without any player that had consistently played DM all season among our eleven was a terrible brain fart that you wouldn’t even expect a rookie manager to make sand there is no justifying it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.