Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

When opposition fans are expressing shock at our CL starting line up, you know things are properly messed up.

I have no idea why Pep thought the best way to neutralise Chelsea was by diluting our defensive protection & going gung ho at one of the best counter attacking sides in world football. Total utter madness.... :-|
You are clearly as fucked off as i am with that decision,one which has tainted his tenure for me and one i am clearly genuinely struggling to forget.Its the fact it wasnt a one off that really bothers me.

You are clearly as fucked off as i am with that decision,one which has tainted his tenure for me and one i am clearly genuinely struggling to forget.Its the fact it wasnt a one off that really bothers me.
Nail on the head!! If it was an inexplicable one-off brain fart, then I'd still be pissed, but I'd be getting over it. The problem though is we all know there's a better than evens chance that Guardiola will do it again in similar circumstances... :-|

I have no idea why Pep thought the best way to neutralise Chelsea was by diluting our defensive protection & going gung ho at one of the best counter attacking sides in world football
“I decided the decision, to have quality players. Gundogan played many years in this position.
“To have speed, to find the small players, the quality, the brilliant players, inside, in the middle and between the lines.
“This was the decision.”
“It has been an exceptional season for us. It was a tight game. We had chances.
“We were brilliant in the second half, we were brave and we could not convert the chances as they were so strong. The players were exceptional. We come back maybe one day again!
“I did what I thought was the best decision (on his team selection).”

Might give you some closure.

“I decided the decision, to have quality players. Gundogan played many years in this position.
“To have speed, to find the small players, the quality, the brilliant players, inside, in the middle and between the lines.
“This was the decision.”
“We were brilliant in the second half, we were brave and we could not convert the chances as they were so strong. The players were exceptional. We come back maybe one day again!

Not me.

Considering Gundogan is slow as fuck and isnt exactly known for his combativeness,he was asked to contend with a Chelsea line up that included the exact opposite - It was always going to end in tears.
The above comments just cement the fact he must have been on crack to firstly choose that system,and secondly,and more crucially......not to alter/respond to it.

Like many City fans, I was joking in the days leading up to the final, that Pep would do something weird again.
But inside I thought: "No, Pep's learned his lesson, it's the final, his & our chance for ultimate glory ... he is definitely going to just relax & play the strongest 11".

Then the team was announced & no one could quite believe it.

Not me.

Considering Gundogan is slow as fuck and isnt exactly known for his combativeness,he was asked to contend with a Chelsea line up that included the exact opposite - It was always going to end in tears.
The above comments just cement the fact he must have been on crack to firstly choose that system,and secondly,and more crucially......not to alter/respond to it.
And Gundogan hadn’t played that position all season as well, it was shambolic, I still believe we won’t win the CL with Pep, he will build a squad to do it but I think someone else will get us over the line. Two seasons on the bounce we could’ve won it with the way we were playing and the blame fir both defeats against Lyon and Chelsea lies squarely with him.

And Gundogan hadn’t played that position all season as well, it was shambolic, I still believe we won’t win the CL with Pep, he will build a squad to do it but I think someone else will get us over the line. Two seasons on the bounce we could’ve won it with the way we were playing and the blame fir both defeats against Lyon and Chelsea lies squarely with him.
Try telling that to @decmancity :-|

“This was the decision.”

I thought you'd packed up & gone for the day? Obviously not.

And your point is what exactly? What you've posted has just proven everyone else's point. We all knew what our strongest line up & formation was, & so did Pep. However, inexplicably he decided he could find an even better combination in the biggest single match in our club's history. Why, when the other way got us all the way to the final?

Back to the subject matter..... Why play such a weakened team away to Spurs? Why not a stronger team to start & then make changes, & play his second string at home to Norwich next week? Why? It seems you're the last man standing & defending this bollocks. :-|qMoOqV5.jpg

Not me.

I completely agree, it was the wrong move to play him. I have just been trying to put across for the past 3(Christ I need to get some work done!) days that there was clearly a method behind the madness from Pep.

We never would have known if Fernandinho or Rodri would have made a difference.Is what it is. I always thought we might need to lose one to win one if that makes sense. Lets hope we roar back this season and when we have Mendy at LW in May 2022 we can do this all again!

I keep seeing this;
1629298302098.png
Anyone got any ideas? :-|

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.