Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

We can all rip into Mendy but did you see anything that you didn't already know about him. Its sad but we all know injuries have finished him it says it all when we can't sell him because no one will buy him. I'm not even mad at him anymore Pep left him out there making a tit of himself. At halftime was anyone in any doubt that he needed to come off seems like only Pep couldn't see it which blows my mind.

I'm not going off the deep end about the season it is only one game but it seems the late subs even when there is a glaring problem in the system or its clear we are under pressure is becoming a regular thing. I understand everything that Pep has done and I don't think for one minute I know more than him but I've got to be honest we can blame the players but Pep carries a lot of the blame for today he could have changed things but didn't for whatever reason. Anyway i'm taking a deep breath now and onto the next game.
My sentiments exactly. 78th minute substitutions were daft.

I don't like to come on here to have a moan but to start with Mendy and keep him on for so long was a nightmare. Nowhere near elite level to be in the team.

I just don't see any connection between Mendy or Cancelo with the wingers ahead of them.

Today we really, really missed David Silva.

City were always going to be slow starters this season, so many players missing, little per season work and a very tough game to start not so much the opposition but also a ground City have not done well at. Keep in touch until Christmas then blitz it in the new year and the premiership title will still be here next May

Once everyone is fit & if we get Kane i would go with
Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Zinchenko
Debruyne Gundagan Grealish
Foden Kane Sterling

I honestly thought we were going win today, until I saw the team sheet. The set up was wrong, especially midfield and defence. The game reminded me of the early season match against Leeds last year when we totally controlled the first 20 minutes and then ran out of gas and finished up lucky to get a draw.
We have to find our form fairly quickly because the other main contenders have already laid down a marker and it is most unlikely that we will have another winning run like last year.
Correct, sometimes seeing the teamsheet takes all the fun out of it.

Today's must be one of the worst Pep has put out (considering the oppo' and fixture)

you’ve been watching city since 99 and you think mendys the worst player we’ve ever had?
Actually, i didn't say he's the worst player we've ever had. What i actually said is that he's our worst ever signing. A stark difference. Given the era he signed in and the price...i absolutely stand by my comment.

Is it possible to have a clear out in 2 weeks.
Today was predictable and terrible.
Got away with the false 9 in sterile conditions last season.
Everytime last season we saw the B team regulars Mendy, Ake, Fernandinho,Torres and Sterling we were served up the same shit.
Sterling reverted back to his City garbage running into people and losing the ball.
His latest attribute is getting in the way of Grealish.
The left side today had disaster written all over it
Mahrez gave his usual shithouse performance when he doesn’t fancy it. He is one who benefited from last years sterile conditions.
Cancelo is thick a fuck and apart from 2?or 3 months last winter has been piss poor.
Just playing the bench would have had more impact than what actually happened

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.