Players who might improve us

So you’re advocating we sign someone from a second/third rate league based on a pre-season game and a crap YouTube video? Someone who is the same age as our own best striker prospect for a generation?
Strange as it sounds yep, it comes down to we ran with 2 strikers last season though neither played much, so it is a good idea to have three, there are a lot of issues should we sign Kane, ie money squad place and foreign spots, Delap fits these criteria superbly he has also outgrown the EDS, but he is ready for the next challenge which is regular game time against men, and that is a loan. Sesko is very similar to Delap in many ways, should we pass on opportunity to create a safe passage from youth to first team?

Strange as it sounds yep, it comes down to we ran with 2 strikers last season though neither played much, so it is a good idea to have three, there are a lot of issues should we sign Kane, ie money squad place and foreign spots, Delap fits these criteria superbly he has also outgrown the EDS, but he is ready for the next challenge which is regular game time against men, and that is a loan. Sesko is very similar to Delap in many ways, should we pass on opportunity to create a safe passage from youth to first team?
I’m not following your logic. Surely signing another player the same age and potentially not even as good would potentially block Delap’s progress not ease it?

I know Burnley are trying to sign our old nemesis from Lyon Maxwell Cornet. He was playing as a left winger/ striker but has now adapted to left back!

Certainly had pace and we'd be able to get him for less than£20m l think.

The clincher for me would be the endless ice cream jokes on Blue Moon ;-)

I’m not following your logic. Surely signing another player the same age and potentially not even as good would potentially block Delap’s progress not ease it?
I look at it as rungs on a ladder a young player has to be able to reach the next level, which is where Maffeo and Angelino were, both had a first team and a back up with way too much experience for them in front of them, but in Delap`s case i would send him out on loan to a foreign club to grow as a person and a player, something i would do for most of the British players in the EDS, obviously it is not a one size fits all, and it looks like Delap is now staying.

Striker: 1. Haaland 2.Kane
DM: 1. Kimmich 2. Ndidi

Second choices more obtainable in theory.

I think Zin Cancelo and Laporte can all play LB before we get to Mendy

Striker: 1. Haaland 2.Kane
DM: 1. Kimmich 2. Ndidi

Second choices more obtainable in theory.

I think Zin Cancelo and Laporte can all play LB before we get to Mendy
Mandy can only be considered as left against the bottom 8 whereby he might only have to defend 2-3 times the match and have 33% success without crippling us

Sesko on Salzburg again today showing his potential and quality.

The goal he scored was top drawer and the assist came from good composure to find the other player.

One to watch

Video is for US viewers but I'm sure you can find it out there:

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.