Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

For a game where we haven't watched them for 18 months, we're going into it as the champions and we're cruising to a 5-0 victory I thought it was quite lifeless on the whole. 3/4 of the ground couldn't even muster a single "city!" and as usual the race to escape started with 10 minutes left. Even the Norwich fans who had been silent all day piped up with is there a fire drill upon noticing that.

There's always a lot of moaning about players not showing their appreciation at the end of games, there was about 8/9 players today that basically did an entire lap of appreciation, even grealish came back on and did it and barely anybody saw.

Saying that, I understand its now hard for us to get as pumped up for games like this where we go into the game asking how many we are going to get not whether we will win, it would be a bit disingenuous if we were to act like we're in a cup final beating united 5-0. Usual sections played their part, and the usual sections didn't.
Agreed, was very disappointed with the amount of people who left before the whistle today, first game of the season, 5-0 win, not been to a home game in 18 months and it’s Saturday at 5oclock, not sure what people’s excuses are anymore

Two 'Stand up for the champions' (one in each half). I was first on my feet in 105. Every little helps :-)

Fantastic to be back (persona non grata for the Everton game). Highlight for me was when the team came out - could feel the emotion pouring down from the stands.

Not bad.

The North Stand end of the ground (including CB and ES at that end) were very quiet though.

But fuck me, we are in desperate need of some new decent songs! It’s a tired old playlist that we’ve got. Still singing Zabaleta, Kun Agüero and Edin Džeko three times each (still good songs to sing from time to time, but three times each?!)

Gabriel Jesus had his best game for ages, MOTM, yet we didn’t chant his name once. At one point we sang the Zabaleta song after Jesus was involved in a world class move… we aren’t half bizarre sometimes.

And we really need some new City songs! Not players… CITY!

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.