Paulo Dybala

Contract expires Summer 2022

Maybe we should wait for Sergio to leave first.

Having 3 strikers competing for 1 position is too much.

This is why I can't get my head around the striker rumours and why I'm not buying them at this stage. Unless one of Aguero or Jesus has a surprise departure, you're not going to keep 3 world class strikers happy.

The only one that really makes sense is Havertz, because he can play anywhere from midfield to wing to striker/false 9.

We should be saving our money and going after the best in the market next summer when there's a geniune need for it.

Last edited:
Contract expires Summer 2022

Maybe we should wait for Sergio to leave first.

Having 3 strikers competing for 1 position is too much.

Not necessarily - think its a bit moe complex than that

Dybala looks like he can play across the front 3 and we already know Jesus is better out on the left so it would be Dybala, Sergio, Raheem, Dybala, torres and Mahrez - 5 players for 3 spots rotating and you could almost play any combination of those 5

You could add Foden to that as well but for me he is better in the midfield than as a wide forward which is where he is being played at presentand you can same/argue the same for Bernardo Silva

You would have Foden B. Silva, KDB for the 3 of the midfield places

Plus Rodri and Gudogan and Ferna (possibly) as well.

Add to that Aouar as potential as well

The possibilities are endless and very exciting.

Dybala looks like he can play across the front 3 and we already know Jesus is better out on the left so it would be Dybala, Sergio, Raheem, Dybala, torres and Mahrez - 5 players for 3 spots rotating and you could almost play any combination of those 5

You could add Foden to that as well but for me he is better in the midfield than as a wide forward which is where he is being played at presentand you can same/argue the same for Bernardo Silva

And Torres ?

Sorry, you got him. Going bonkers in the heat

This is why I can't get my head around the striker rumours and why I'm not buying them at this stage. Unless one of Aguero or Jesus has a surprise departure, you're not going to keep 3 world class strikers happy.

The only one that really makes sense is Havertz, because he can play anywhere from midfield to wing to striker/false 9.

We should be saving our money and going after the best in the market next summer when there's a geniune need for it.

The thing is potential bargains and lower competition this summer. An open shot at Dybala would have been close to unthinkable last year.

With the exception of Aguero our entire forward line and midfield can play in multiple positions and Pep loves that as it offers versatility and rotation. Think people are forgetting we are going to play a LOT of games next season in a short space of time and rotation and versatility will be key. Dybala would be a perfect fit for us. If there is a chance we can get him we should be all over him

Yeah that's why Messi is one of the easiest players to defend against and Robben ooh Robben has had a terrible career. But I'm more than happy if you're not interested ;)

Lol. I said I’d be interested. But if you can guarantee me that he will turn into Messi then sure I’m all the way in

Lol. I said I’d be interested. But if you can guarantee me that he will turn into Messi then sure I’m all the way in
As I said before he's obviously not Messi (and he'll never be) but the fact that he favors one foot doesn't seem like a significative hindrance to me.

With the exception of Aguero our entire forward line and midfield can play in multiple positions and Pep loves that as it offers versatility and rotation. Think people are forgetting we are going to play a LOT of games next season in a short space of time and rotation and versatility will be key. Dybala would be a perfect fit for us. If there is a chance we can get him we should be all over him

agree with everything you say - however Aguero deserves a lot of credit for being very adaptable no he wouldnt play out wide for instance but he does drift wide and receive the ball deep and in wide positions a lot more than he used to.....so he has adapted really well

I wish we'd just bid 70m for Dybala.

Already showing he's as good as ever as a striker under Allegri, and he's someone who could actually play the withdrawn striker role Kane does that Pep presumably wants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.