How many times have you been in love?

I don’t think I have yet.

Been very fond of a few girls, thought about some when I wasn’t with them a lot, wanted to spend time with some when there was no real reason to, had very intimate sex with a few, been gutted when things have ended with a few…

But just think I’ve only ever got part way to forming a certain small bond with some without ever actually getting to the love stage.

I’m quite cynical about love anyway. I think think it’s just a genetic human trait to form strong bonds with mates (as in sexual partners) and the offspring produced with that mate in order to create strength in numbers which allow us to pass our genes down through generations successfully. The stronger the family or tribe (so the bonds formed with our friendship groups n’all), the more likely we are to keep our genes going through time.

I don’t think love is anything more deep than that, it’s just a bit of biology and chemistry within evolution that you can form with anyone given the chance and the situation suits. I don’t think of it in all the “I love you with all my heart” “I can’t live without you” “you’re the love of my life” “you’re my soul mate” kind of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.