It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
like i said in an earlier post, top strikers are hard to come across and it was always known this would be difficult. am i annoyed we spent so much time pursuing kane? of course. but it is what it is. not everything is going to work in our favour, just a fact of life.
Maybe but we don't seemed to care when it comes to other positions. We tend to pay the money elsewhere and if it doesn't work move on and look at someone else

would you have expected us to be linked to ronaldo two days ago? and for him to be signed back as a united player today? i think it’s highly doubtful you would’ve guessed that. would rather be optimistic than doom and gloom.
I like your optimism but who is out there that is available? We'll go with what we have. Will we win the league? In my opinion no, but I'd rather that than panic buy and maybe still not win it. I don't think he will but I just hope Delap gets a fair go at it.

Reactions: cbl
I reckon there is a strong possibility (assuming we are still competing for prem and champions league) that we will try and get haaland in January.

Dortmund will likely be miles off Munich and they realistically aren’t gonna win champions league so can see us offering £100 million to try and get the run on other clubs. we must sign him next summer

Surely the second point negates the first.
That will be decided at the end of this season.

We were signing shite strikers hand over fist when we had Sergio and got away with it, we now have nobody. The false 9 worked last year but it won't have the same effect this year imo.

Not a flapper by any means but when you look at other teams business in this window we could be in for a bumpy enough season

like i said in an earlier post, top strikers are hard to come across and it was always known this would be difficult. am i annoyed we spent so much time pursuing kane? of course. but it is what it is. not everything is going to work in our favour, just a fact of life.
They may be hard to come by but Khaldoon himself is on record saying it was a priority

We have missed out on/refused to by way or another on:

Messi - no idea what happened.....is it cause we spunked 100m on Grealish literally days before? or were we blind sided and didnt think he would leave?
Ronaldo - we have turned him down (from what it sounds like)
Kane -it was clear from very early on that Levy held all the cards and wasnt going to even countenance selling Kane
Haaland - put in an offer and if its the right offer then it will be accepted (but we consider it too much)
Mbappe - looks like he could be off to RM....
Ings ( dont know if he even was considered but he would put the ball in the net better than anyone we have at present)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.