It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wishing to self-invite a pile on, but I'm genuinely baffled as to what everyone is seeing in Torres that makes them think he could be a future Balon D'Or winner. He's neither slow nor fast (as far as I can see), he doesn't strike me as being particularly robust, and in the 12 months I've seen him at City to date you could count the number of times he's beaten an opponent for either speed or skill on the fingers of one hand, plus he's drifted out of games on multiple occasions.
He's done reasonably well for a young lad away from home for the first time, he's shown himself to be a calm and tidy finisher, and there's clearly grounds for believing he can step it up another level next season, but future Balon D'Or winner? Based on what?

There were people on here that used to say Iheanacho would be a Balon D'Or winner.

Let's just see how he progresses this season. He's done very well at times but has also been anonymous at others.

Ferran Torres is 21 lads.
Believe it not the Fake Ronaldo didn't show too much when he started at the Swamp but improved.
Coaching will improve him, as well as bring settled in Manchester now.
Not saying we don't need a striker, but Torres is going to do well somewhere - I hope it's with God's own Club

Fake Ronaldo was showing class from the off, anybody could see his potential really early, just glad he had his very best years away from the swamp.

not any longer, MLS apart, he would and will be a gold mine there.
With respect, that's bollocks. Messi's marketing value is, and will continue to be, far above any other player on the planet.

I work in media marketing my friend. I've seen the numbers.

Messi could be crawling around aged 40 and he'd still be miles ahead of anyone else.

City have clearly had a good look at Haarland and have been in contact with his representatives - it even looked like we were very interested at one point but, something has severely cooled our interest - personally I thought it was the Raiola / Alfie Haaland circus - hawking the client around Europe (making us feel we were being played and being dragged into an auction) on the eve of the Super League where no doubt a giddy Barca and Real - made some ridiculous outline proposals - that have now turned to dust. If that didn't cool our interest then the only other potential explanation is a very clear and unequivocal statement from Dortmund that the player is simply not for sale this summer - on the basis that Dortmund have sold Sancho and want to keep Haaland until next summer - prioritising CL qualification.

My feeling is that we believe Kane represents better value for money, I think that's partly because his reps told us it would probably be about 100M.

I think we have subsequently learned his reps are wrong, and it's probably going to be in the Haaland ball park, and if that is the case, we may go back for Haaland.

Especially if Levy isn't budging and Kane won't go the extra mile of publically coming out saying he wants to leave and he will never play for Spurs again.

Use the Grealish money ?
Suppose so, but if we have say 120 mill for a striker and 80 for Grealish, first would that cover Haaland fee, Raiolas fee his dads fee,maybe. But then are his wage demands true ? Are the stories of a £150 mill release clause true.
Then do the club see Haaland only as better value than Grealish and Kane to fill Aguero’s and it seems Bernardo’s places. Seems they don’t, think I agree.

With respect, that's bollocks. Messi's marketing value is, and will continue to be, far above any other player on the planet.

I work in media marketing my friend. I've seen the numbers.

Messi could be crawling around aged 40 and he'd still be miles ahead of anyone else.
I have seen and read all the numbers, not doubting you, but after having experience of the kit manufacturing/shirt sales, I take the numbers from sports wear companies and sports clubs with a pinch of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.