It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSG bought mega stars. Now they are a team where mega stars go. The first one will always be the most difficult and most expensive, like the premier league was. You have to take that plunge I’m sure of it.
PSG didn't win the 5th best European League, or get to the CL Final.

Strangely our TEAM of non Megastar players did. We rely on having very high level players who buy into a team ethic in every position. This is not compatible with the Megastar model. If we had a team of water carriers and 'domestiques' who are just there to get the ball to the Megastar and everyone accepts their lot then fair enough, but we would have just wasted 10 years of careful and and expensive recruitment.

Megastars are bigger than the team, and even the club, for example Messi had a say on Barca transfers. That worked out well for them didn't it!

Pep has always been about the collective, and the team being more than the sum of the parts. I would have loved to see Ronaldo banging in the goals for us at the reported £350K per week, but I believe we would have lost a lot than we gained if we were paying Ronaldo what the rags have reportedly agreed to.

Can you see players (like KDB, Sterling etc) being happy going from from top earners to being on half what Ronaldo is on? And then doing his running, or letting him take every free kick and go for glory no matter what?

Even if they stayed, can you see the collective effort and team spirit surviving that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.