Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
City won't buy Haaland because he and Raiola would blow City's wage structure to pieces. Madrid, PSG, or sadly United. If we do go in for Haaland, it will be on the understanding our wage structure is over.

City won't buy Haaland because he and Raiola would blow City's wage structure to pieces. Madrid, PSG, or sadly United. If we do go in for Haaland, it will be on the understanding our wage structure is over.
i think you are correct about the reasons why we wont get Haaland...i think we will try but if there are some of the other big teams invovlved they have shown that money is no object whereas we have our limits.

IS Mbappe going this summer though...they are leaving it very very late (RM that is)
Not in my opinion, can’t see Madrid paying it when he’s free next summer.I have been wrong before though many many times. In which case if PSG. get noting in for Mbabbe, not sure either how high they could go for Haaland, not to mention not sure France sppeals to him. Think and this is complete guesswork he’d prefer Spain, England or Germany to France in that order.

Haaland signing just doesn’t seem how we do business, the Aguero replacement will be a young striker who we will get for under 100 mil and turn him into a star a year is a long time in football . its also how the club moves Sane,Sterling,KDB,Gabriel Jesus, Ferran Torres. Young players with frightening potential that joined City. And now we are reaping the benefits. It’s why I was bemused we were not going head to head with Leicester for Daka.

Im not sure you are reading what I am putting....

I PERSONALLY FULLY believe that B. SILVA and JESUS have been SUCCESSFUL purchases.....however NOT EVERYONE ELSE WOULD

I agree about your comments on MAHREZ's skill level...HOWEVER it is fact that at times he goes missing in big games....whereas no matter how bad others (Sterling, B.Silva, Jesus being 3 examples) are playing they still trying to be invovled.

I agree they would all get in nearly every team (not sure whether all 3 would be a constant in Liverpool or Chelsea's teams however).

With the loss of Kun, D.silva, Sane and Kompany those players (esp the forwards have to step up to the plate.......

Jesus looks reborn playign wide - but lots of people on here have been saying this for a wihle...I advocated playing Jesus wide even when kun was here as part of the front 3. B.Silva has never really had a run in the team in a more central position...I really do think he could do a job there....
Out of all 3 Mahrez is the one I wouldnt be disappointed to lose BUT if he continues last season form that opinion may change....but I fully believe he was poor before last season.

We do need that centre forward I fully agree.....Haaland is the one for me also.

But back to the point of me listing all the buys - I think you can count 18 out of 37 that the vast majority of people would say have been a complete success) ......this does not include the the ones that get farmed out straight away and I guess if they then get sold for profit then that is a different type of success. ...

Lets call it a 50% success rate on first team transfers...I have no idea if this is good or bad in comparison to other teams ....I guess other people may say its higher than 50% as again its only my opinion on the players whether they have been a success.....i thikn there are the ones that were obvious failures...Mangala, Bravo, Nolito and a few others - now again that is not always the clubs fault...Someone like Nolito for instance looked decent but obviously wasnt happy in England and didnt fancy it in the prem - nothing we can do about that really.
Thanks for the long post, it does clear some of my questions up, can you show the list of 37 players for me to review please. Fingers crossed we get Haaland :)

the "conjecture" is the weird belief that when a team says 200 times in a window "player X is not for sale", then that means player X is for sale for a price that is convenient to you. we've done the same "conjecture" about kane and turns out levy wasn't "bluffing", he simply didn't want to sell.

if someone chooses to tell you they are a prick, believe them, don't question and wonder if they really are pricks.

the "conjecture" is the weird belief that when a team says 200 times in a window "player X is not for sale", then that means player X is for sale for a price that is convenient to you. we've done the same "conjecture" about kane and turns out levy wasn't "bluffing", he simply didn't want to sell.

if someone chooses to tell you they are a prick, believe them, don't question and wonder if they really are pricks.
Sometimes the only way you will find out how much is by taking out their wife, daughter or Brother sister for Giggsy

I don't think the fees are the concern. Not sure why Chelsea would all of a sudden change their mind over paying agents fees etc. Haaland just doesn't want to go there so they went for Lukaku who does.

He also doesn't want to come to City which is why we haven't made any offers.
Personally I think your just making assumptions, we don't know where Haaland wants to go, maybe he isn't sure himself at this time?

There were reports he had decided he would like to stay at Dortmund one more year for his development, Chelsea wanted a striker now and weren't prepared to leave it to chance in a year's time. He won't be short of offers from all the leading clubs and he will be able to choose.

Unfortunately our club doesn't like to bid for players when they have not said they only want us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.