Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the characteristic that principally defines anti-vaxxers, isn’t their selfishness, as most of them genuinely believe they are doing the right thing; I t’s their supreme arrogance and stupidity.

They actually think they are better informed on the subject than the overwhelming majority of medical professionals (and by overwhelming, I would say over 95%) based on something they’ve read on the internet. And they are prepared to play cards with their lives off the back of it, with all the devastating consequences for those around them.

Arrogant, deluded, recalcitrant clowns.

It’s both comic and tragic in equal measure.
I’ve got a mate whose Arsenal fan who I normally take to the Etihad for our game against the Gooners. I didn’t bother this time because not only won’t he take the jabs but he’s discouraging others too. This is on the back of the guy having the virus 12 months ago and necessitating the rest of the volunteers to self isolate.

I’ve got a mate whose Arsenal fan who I normally take to the Etihad for our game against the Gooners. I didn’t bother this time because not only won’t he take the jabs but he’s discouraging others too. This is on the back of the guy having the virus 12 months ago and necessitating the rest of the volunteers to self isolate.
I’ve got a mate who lives in Bali who (for a short period) was sending me anti-vaxx propaganda, until I called an elderly anti-vaxx campaigner a stupid old ****, which seemed to do the trick, and I’ve not heard from him on the subject since. He is almost evangelical in his belief.

Why does a hairdresser from Nottingham (not knocking hairdressers from Nottingham btw) know more about the subject than my consultant radiologist brother?

It’s fucking madness.

I’ve got a mate who lives in Bali who (for a short period) was sending me anti-vaxx propaganda, until I called an elderly anti-vaxx campaigner a stupid old ****, which seemed to do the trick, and I’ve not heard from him on the subject since. He is almost evangelical in his belief.

Why does a hairdresser from Nottingham (not knocking hairdressers from Nottingham btw) know more about the subject than my consultant radiologist brother?

It’s fucking madness.
Spot on mate. Btw, I sorted a ticket for another Arsenal fan who hasn’t revived from the 5 nil mauling.

It’s fucking madness.

They “did their research”.

I bet academics around the world are kicking themselves now. All these years spent reading thousands of books and contributing to peer reviewed papers when all you really need to do is watch a few YouTube videos by @TruthSeeker2000 and your research is done.

I’m awaiting your scintillating contribution
I regularly posted on this thread and I still read it for the excellent Healdplace updates but generally it has become a boring anti vaxxer fest. I’m fully vaccinated and believe all eligible people should take it up but there only so many of these stories you can take.

I got Back from Amsterdam last Sunday. I of course tested negative before I flew. I got pinged, as did my missus, yesterday saying we had been in contact with someone who had tested positive. She’s Dutch and the only place it could have been was on the plane as nobody here knows her email or mobile number. I can’t believe it’s taken 7 days for a notification when everyone should have taken a two day test. We are both fine but off for a test today which will hopefully be my 5th negative test in 3 weeks.

I regularly posted on this thread and I still read it for the excellent Healdplace updates but generally it has become a boring anti vaxxer fest. I’m fully vaccinated and believe all eligible people should take it up but there only so many of these stories you can take.
I quite like a bit of schadenfreude when the people involved have shared their warped views to anyone who would listen and have likely been partly responsible for the pandemic continuing at its current level.

Are we seeing any fans who have caught Covid at the Ethiad now? I went to the Everton game and Wembley but now with cases increasing, I didn't go to Norwich or Arsenal. If no cases are being reported I will start going again. If I catch it and can easily spread it to my elderly parents and even with the vaccine they could get really ill or die. What I lack is facts to make a more informed decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.