Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s immunity like when comparing the vaccinated vs those that have just had the virus and recovered?

What’s immunity like when comparing the vaccinated vs those that have just had the virus and recovered?
Slightly better though not great. I had Covid first time round. I got it again 5 weeks ago after being double jabbed, though it was no worse than a summer cold (sniffles) this time. I probably have enough base immunity now to take it in my stride till I get very much older.
I was very, very ill the first time mind and had Long Covid for 8 months. Not being vaccinated is a fools errand. Even U35s die from Covid and account for around 25% of current Covid death figures.
Oh and 6% of all cases regardless of age get Long Covid with 1.8% having it a year later and that's something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Last edited:
I’ve got a mate who lives in Bali who (for a short period) was sending me anti-vaxx propaganda, until I called an elderly anti-vaxx campaigner a stupid old ****, which seemed to do the trick, and I’ve not heard from him on the subject since. He is almost evangelical in his belief.

Why does a hairdresser from Nottingham (not knocking hairdressers from Nottingham btw) know more about the subject than my consultant radiologist brother?

It’s fucking madness.
Is your kid busy tomorrow? I need a quick trim before going back to school.

Good doc on anti vaxxers on All4. Centres around Andrew Wakefield (I’d never heard of him, but Christ, what a twat). Very interesting stuff.

Of course, all boils down to one thing, money…

View attachment 25446
Watching this now. The fucking idiots shown, like @Armaan just astound me. These people are certifiable and yet they get a vote. They can have kids. I wouldn’t trust them to make a cup of tea.

Slightly better though not great. I had Covid first time round. I got it again 5 weeks ago after being double jabbed, though it was no worse than a summer cold (sniffles) this time. I probably have enough base immunity now to take it in my stride till I get very much older.
I was very, very ill the first time mind and had Long Covid for 8 months. Not being vaccinated is a fools errand. Even U35s die from Covid and account for around 25% of current Covid death figures.
Oh and 6% of all cases regardless of age get Long Covid with 1.8% having it a year later and that's something I wouldn't wish on anyone.
Do you just go around licking strangers?

Are we seeing any fans who have caught Covid at the Ethiad now? I went to the Everton game and Wembley but now with cases increasing, I didn't go to Norwich or Arsenal. If no cases are being reported I will start going again. If I catch it and can easily spread it to my elderly parents and even with the vaccine they could get really ill or die. What I lack is facts to make a more informed decision.
you and the whole bloody country mate.

SCOTLAND DATA

0 deaths - was 0 last week

3893 cases - was 3189 last week

14.1% positivity - was 12.4% last week

551 patients - up 44 on yesterday - biggest rise in a while but it is a Monday when these are usually highest - was 356 last week - over 50% increase

52 ventilated icu - same as yesterday - was 42 last week

Cases a little down on recent days but more than last Monday and positivity up.

Hospital numbers starting to take off as the huge case numbers lately made inevitable

** THEY STILL REPORT A BIG TESTING LAG SO SOME CASES ARE FROM A FEW DAYS AGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.