Robert Lewandowski

Turned 33 this month did't he? In answer to the second question, because the club might believe he would give Pep exactly the squad he needs to achieve the things he wants to before he potentially leaves us in a couple of years. Personally I think your suggestion of 10m is far more ridiculous than 50m. But only my opinion.

And why wouldn't you put your £50m into the pot to buy Haaland for £150-£200m instead who will be the same answer except we get 5 years plus of him in his prime?

And why wouldn't you put your £50m into the pot to buy Haaland for £150-£200m instead who will be the same answer except we get 5 years plus of him in his prime?
Maybe we would if we thought we could get him, who knows? But the point is Haaland arguably being worth 150m to 200m in the current market doesn't mean Lewandowski isn't worth 50m and certainly doesn't mean he's only worth around 10m!

Maybe we would if we thought we could get him, who knows? But the point is Haaland arguably being worth 150m to 200m in the current market doesn't mean Lewandowski isn't worth 50m and certainly doesn't mean he's only worth around 10m!
you're missing the point. why spend the £50m on Lewandowski when you can put it towards Haaland who will last longer and have a resale value. You have to spend money wisely and chucking £50m down the drain for short term gains is not wise at all. Just look at the Rags for their previous attempts at exactly that and the mess they were in during that spell.

you're missing the point. why spend the £50m on Lewandowski when you can put it towards Haaland who will last longer and have a resale value. You have to spend money wisely and chucking £50m down the drain for short term gains is not wise at all. Just look at the Rags for their previous attempts at exactly that and the mess they were in during that spell.
I'm not missing the point, I just don't agree with the point you're making. Of course a player's value reduces as he gets older for the reasons you are saying but there are other factors involved which you seem to be completely ignoring, like the fact he is a bona fide world class striker and still extremely fit. If he was in his 20s he'd be worth more than Haaland because he's much better than him. He isn't in his 20s so he's worth less so you're right to an extent but you're overstating that reduced value to an absurd degree mentioning figures like 10m. A couple of years of probably the best striker in world football would be worth a fair bit to a top club desperately in need of a striker, I suspect.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.