It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep promising myself every window,that on here I will not fall into the trap of actually believing too much.

I'm afraid I let myself down badly,with buying into the idea yet again that such and such were coming,and this and that,when the truth is,the wannabe journalists absolutely know fuck all brigade,ain't a clue what goes on behind the scenes.

Never have and never will
Don't worry, we all do it , even those now holding a festival, celebrating those services we've somehow managed to retain.
The "beating the retreat" is something to behold.

Last edited:
The best thing we did was keep Bernardo and Laporte who I was convinced would have left. If they would have done we would have got some new shiny toys for everyone. As it stands we kept one of hte best CB's and one of the best midfielders in the league. Can't knock that.

Ain't it weird though to think that we are saying it's a good window because we have kept hold of two of our own.

Glad it's over

A very good post imo, I've never seen so many needy slapped arses on here ever, suppose that's what happens when you become a successful club,

we have an excellent squad, there are a few players who could improve our squad, but they are hard to buy, there's no point buying for the sake of it, players we need to buy have to challenge the players in our squad for the starting spot ,

I think fm and fifa has a lot to do with our many transfers experts on bluemoon, I trust the club to do the right thing when needed
House

A bit of information here and there does no one any harm. The reality is, the club let hardly anything out, and just because a 16-year-old on Twitter decides that CIty are in for a player does not mean it's happening.

To sign Grealish and keep all of our existing players will do me. I said it earlier in the thread that I would rather stick with Torres and Delap and start bringing some academy players through (Lavia, Palmer and McAtee especially) than go buying more and more.

The biggest disappointment of the window, for me, are those that have been so negative throughout the window: ruthlessly targeting the board; suggesting a number of other teams are now stronger than us and now repeatedly saying, ad nauseam, that we should wait until we play better teams as Norwich and Arsenal are rubbish; since when have back to back 5-0 PL wins been so derided? That sense of entitlement is sickening to me. It really does make me wonder if they are really City fans or just come on as some kind of joker to stir the absent shit.
I was told by a very good source that Pep was not bothered about buying a CF, he likes false 9 and sees Foden as perfect for the role, with back up from Raheem, Jesus and Kev. I got rounded on in typical BM style as being a bullshitter. Pep told my source and I quote " we have seen nothing yet" as he is perfecting the plan and Foden is central to it. Buying a CF like all the media suggested we needed would only have been done and again i quote "if it was an exceptional opportunity". The signing of Grealish adds another false 9 possibility and he was always the main target. Pep rates him very highly and will make him a better player. In 12 months Grealish could possibly be one of the best payers on the planet.

I agree with you, the negativity has been disappointing, some of our fans sound spoiled brats, In my opinion we now have the best squad in our history, we have some really promising kids as you have suggested and Torres could well be one of our best ever buys.

Why is it fashionable to deride those questioning the transfer strategy/results as having slapped arses or being entitled?

Pep led the team to win the league last year and made it clear that it needed refreshing with a couple of key signings, most importantly a striker. Khaldoon reiterated that. That they courted Kane, briefing confidence up to a week ago, and got nowhere near is worthy of criticism. As is having no back up option (see the flirtation with Ronaldo).

City will win games and play great football - possibly even win the league again. However, Pep and the club wanted a striker (Pep mentioned Kane in a couple of pressers which he rarely does), put all their eggs in Kane's basket and came out with nothing - it is worthy of criticism.

It wasn't the window we had hoped for or expected but we have done some excellent business over the years and under Pep will still continue to improve. This isn't an old squad so we can improve naturally.

I like what I have seen in the past two games. More movement and more willingness to play the ball in behind rather than to feet. Mahrez, Foden and De Bruyne were generally our front three for our excellent CL campaign last season. Yet Grealish, Torres and Jesus have come into the side and look fantastic. Stones is still sat on the bench and Laporte looks back to his best. Foden is injured and De Bruyne has sat out the last two.

Tougher tests to come but the signs are positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.