King of the Kippax | Last ever edition (p 20)

I've bought about a dozen or so on kindle. I reckon it was only two quid last time, maybe on offer. If he offered subscription via kindle I'd definitely go for it. Had a couple of Trautman's helmet via supporter's club. They work fine on a tablet and easier to stack

He was a stylish player.you can be stylish in a 5 a side match,a non league match....doesnt mean your the best player on the pitch,or top gosl scorer..just that you played the game with style.Smiths ball control and close dribblimg skills ,throughout his career..are what i can remember,regardless of what division,or if he ever missed an open goal.He was very similar,imo,to the old Aberdeen inside forward,Mark Mcghee.both players troubled defenders with adroit ball control.
To be fair Smith was a very good and stylish player at Rangers in the mid 70's.
Under Jock Wallace he had a quite a few brilliant seasons.
Shame he is remembered more for that Wembley miss.

I must confess I never bought a copy, but I will miss the bloke selling them shouting "Kiiiinnnggg of the Kippax" outside the ground. A bit like seeing Pete the Badge, part of the furniture on match days.

Maybe I should've bought a copy or two over the years :(
You definitely should have. It is a great read

I’m really sad to hear this news. I lived in Birmingham when KOTK started and once they started selling it at Maine Rd it was part of the match day ritual and like the 70’s thread it’s something else that’s lost.
Yes I can go on line blah blah but it’s not the same as meeting Sue and chatting about the Eye Hospital it a quick chat with Ged or others.
I would highly recommend it to anyone - it’s City to the core, thoughtful, funny, insightful and just a brilliant and long read.
Not sure about Mr Savage’s articles!!!only kidding - they were/are great.
There’s no club PR in KOTK and whilst there is a variety of contributors they all get our fan base and get the club.

Used to get these all the time in the 00s. Always enjoyed reading them. Used to get passed around the bus on away days.

I don’t know why I stopped but I dont think I’ve bought one for about 12 years. Saying that, my first username on here was back in 2009, maybe that’s why?

Always a good read, written by and for City supporters, and as others have said the sad end of the printed version is another sign of the times. Met Dave & Sue once, years ago, when I was back over; a few months later they put a note in the magazine saying I was dead.
Later corrected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.