‘Melted' City badge? Guardiola

Dan Dare is from 'round your way, right? There was almost a Dan Dare land in Belle Vue if I recall well. Thankfully Mick Hucknall from your way hasn't thought of a theme park!

Creator was from Audenshaw, yes, but I wasn't. Droylsden born and bred. :)

Can I be honest.

It's another gimmick from Puma that looks sh*t. Went in the souvenir store, looked at all the training and leisure wear, what's happened to the urban range, saw the melted badges on almost everything, and walked out without buying anything.

My lad said the same. Said there wasnt much in the store, mostly just City replica shirts.

Can I be honest.

It's another gimmick from Puma that looks sh*t. Went in the souvenir store, looked at all the training and leisure wear, what's happened to the urban range, saw the melted badges on almost everything, and walked out without buying anything.
Evidence, if it were needed, of the urgency of finding a new kit supplier. Exhibit A, the appalling new third kit!

I think it's pretty cool. A bit different. Kind of subtly encouraging drug use but the 'Madchester' scene was a huge part of our local history.

Ha, more likely to represent how the badge might look to someone out of their tree on Category A drugs...or so I'm led to believe.
: )
They tried different designs in the Beta stage, they did think of using the Acid Smiley face...Apparently Bernado Silva wasn't too keen on promoting a round yellow skinned cartoon head

Indeed, that’s the thing that always makes me laugh about the comments about our kits and training gear and fan gear - if you like it, buy it; if you don’t, don’t buy it. There’ll be something else you’ll like that comes along at another time because there is so much City gear to buy every year, but because there’s so much we have to try different styles and ideas all the time.

95% of all kits training and fan gear is total tat, and proper shit. But the other 5% that comes round from time-to-time is nice so just wait for that next occurrence.

A lot of people seem to think everything should appeal to them.

The City fanbase is incredibly diverse - male and female, from 5 to 95 years old, local, national, worldwide.

If you dont like it its probably not aimed at you. Something else will be, or was last year, and probably will be next year too!

I think it's pretty cool. A bit different. Kind of subtly encouraging drug use but the 'Madchester' scene was a huge part of our local history.
It’s good that Puma are trying to tap into Manchester culture instead of just trotting out Templates -though they’ve done that too with the hideous 3rd Kit. So the execution may be crap for most of us (not all) they’ve missed the mark

The iron was too hot. Blame the kit man!
Had my first shirt ruined cos someone took an iron the badge after the 5-1 and it looked a little like that. I was fuming at the time but seing that bought back memories and a little chuckle.

i could understand trying to pay homage to something that really popular (like Oasis) but the Madchester thing always feel is tried to made bigger in retrospect than it actually was.

I was only 9 but I dont even remember the stone roses from that time, and looking at their singles they didnt even have a big hit. Happy Mondays were a bit bigger….maybe?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.