20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing that some wanted him sold for £40m.

Nobody in their right mind wanted the 100 point season Bernardo sold, or the one we have seen so far this season either. The problem was his form either side was patchy at best. Playing like he did at Leicester he should be irreplaceable. Let's hope it continues, he settles down and stays.

So glad we didn't sell him. For me, even his form outside of the centurions season wasn't as bad as some make out. He always gives his all and puts a shift in for the team, doing the ugly work and now his goal contributions are improving again. He looks to be enjoying his football at the moment, him and Grealish seem to be linking up well too. Funny what a fresh face in midfield can do, I think KDB and Foden will be relishing the chance to link up with him as well.

The 100's of posts about it in this and the grealish thread over the summer
Ah I misunderstood you I thought you meant City’s board.

Yep some people will believe anything and naively have greater faith in nonsense written behind a £5 a mth paywall. They don’t seem to realise that the vast majority of journos are no better informed than they are - most sports journalism today mirrors the process of for example some Blue Mooners posting on here. They read a couple of background articles, have a quick look on various forums and sites for anything likely to stir some interest and then regurgitate it as fact.

Ah I misunderstood you I thought you meant City’s board.

Yep some people will believe anything and naively have greater faith in nonsense written behind a £5 a mth paywall. They don’t seem to realise that the vast majority of journos are no better informed than they are - most sports journalism today mirrors the process of for example some Blue Mooners posting on here. They read a couple of background articles, have a quick look on various forums and sites for anything likely to stir some interest and then regurgitate it as fact.

Pep confirmed Bernardo wanted to leave though. So I believed Pep

Pep confirmed Bernardo wanted to leave though. So I believed Pep
Yep but that doesn’t mean the journo who went big on the story had any special insight into the situation. Anyone with a passing interest in City could’ve picked Bernardo as one of the possibly unsettled / dispensable squad members who given a particular set of circumstances might have moved on in the summer.

My general point which still holds water I think is that these days journos don’t have any more of a clue than anyone else on the outside about a player’s intentions. They don’t cultivate relationships with them nor have any direct access to them and so 99 times out of 100 they put 2 and 2 together and make 5.

Absolutely no one wanted him sold. But folks wanted value back for him if he wanted out.

The key phrase being "he wanting out" Let's not conflate things here.

Along with attempting to belittle others,and rewriting history.....it's seemingly a hobby that makes some feel better on here.

Most of the board fell for that 'story' hook, line and sinker
Pep came out and said he wanted to leave.

Anyone who thinks Bernardo didn't tell the club that he wanted to go is kidding themselves.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this story crop up again next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.