Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

What were they? I was at them all and don't remember that.
Full Members Cup 14th October 1985. Beat Leeds 6-1. Attendance 4,029.

AWS Trophy 8th December 1998. Mansfield 2-1 defeat. Attendance 3,007.

I was at them all too and there were plenty of midweek early round cup ties played in a less than full Maine Road.

I remember cup ties at Maine Road in the 80s and 90s when there were less than 10k there and the atmosphere was shit
Your a f*cking liar , we have never had less than 10k in cup games , i remember a Simod cup game in the 80's and there was still well over 10k at that game , if you want spite shite and lies abour our support go on Rag Cafe.

I was at them all too and there were plenty of midweek early round cup ties played in a less than full Maine Road.
I was at both but they weren't proper cup games. In the real cups not those daft ones

Mancini is remembered fondly?
He is by those who think wearing a scarf and giving Fergie some stick meant he was City through and through.

Mancini was a consummate politician and obviously felt he needed the fans onside to cement his position. He didn’t care about us any more than Pep, Kevin Keegan, Mel Machin or Billy McNeill.

I remember cup ties at Maine Road in the 80s and 90s when there were less than 10k there and the atmosphere was shit

It's an urban myth that grows and grows. The atmosphere could be great but it was shit there as well. I also remember lots of booing and everyone singing "What the fuck is going on???" And "You're not fit to wear the shirt "

This never happened, just like newcastle never had 10k crowds either, the maine road myth lives on heavily on here, probably amongst those who never went.

Don't get me wrong, there were some great atmospheres, but there were as many dire ones, nothing has changed in reality.
Yeah it did. There was one I think was against Chelsea in the league Cup when Vonk scored the winner. Crowd of just over 9k. Probably the same sort of crowd for the match we lost on pens to Blackpool. The 1st and 2nd round FA cup ties we played in 98/99 definitely didn't break 10k.
Newcastle had an average crowd 12k in the early 90's

Dont forget the Manchester Senior Cup games, we barely had 5k at those games , our supporters are f*cking terribe :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.