Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Pep calling out fans is not on, when the club charge up to 80 quid for league games, and in excess of 40 quid for kids, these prices for many are a one off treat, not prices for people to appear for 3 home games in 6 days, add in the ticket shambles where going to a game is akin to getting into Fort Knox what does he expect?

The man lives in his own bubble. Pep might live in the City centre, but he has little concept of what goes on, simply because the Club don't care enough themselves to share it with him.

I couldn't justify the £40 tonight for me and my lad, as going on Saturday.

I am telling u that young guys are loosing Înterest in football. Ticket prices , TV subscription prices are too high and they can watch watch highlight in ,2 Minutes from their Smartphone.
It's not just young guys either, I'm in my 50's, Junior blue, season ticket holder for over 20 years and probably another 5 years attending every match.

I'm finding the money in football increasingly distasteful and being completely honest, I was actually happier in life when football shut down.

My trip from the north east for my first match of the season and I was disappointed with the atmosphere. The evening was flat despite an amazing match. I have been to other euro matches against pot 3 and 4 teams as this was one of the poorest atmospheres. I was buzzin, ready to embaras myself being the only one to join in the singing in my section, but little happened anyway. I find it weird post covid that everyone isn't still buzzing to be back. I was.

I think Pep has always said the crowd are important (the atmosphere not the size). I agree. I go and watch local lower league sides with small crowds who generate more atmosphere than big chunks of last night. And it's not the stadium. I have been to plenty of matches at which the Etihad is rocking.
You can't blame a crowd (I was one of them) but you can make an observation. Not sure what the answer is though.

Well done to all who made it out last night. I would usually be there singing til I'm hoarse but for covid. I thought the atmosphere sounded OK from tv considering all circumstances. I think sometimes peps comments are taken too literally. Hopefully the club feel as bruised by the comments as some fans and take steps to get more local fans in to fill the gaps. I strongly believe that with all the money in the game us fans should be payed to attend matches. You can only dream eh!

I am telling u that young guys are loosing Înterest in football. Ticket prices , TV subscription prices are too high and they can watch watch highlight in ,2 Minutes from their Smartphone.
When I was coming up could go to all matches for £5 even if you couldn't be arsed you'd still go. Plus I'd know a lot of others the same age going. Sneak the cans in the stadium jobs a goodun! Don't blame the kids these days for not going for £40 a pop. Remember going to the hamburg game on the cheap they need to bring back that pricing!

He's done and said worse about us fans before and it annoyed some on here but the majority wouldn't care if he called us a bunch of glory hunters so it is what it is, people can only afford so much footy (time and money wise).

The match day experience for a Saturday 3pm kick off is now a full day for me, with a young lad and pregnant Wife it goes down like a lead balloon. I have to leave at 12ish to do what should be a 50 minute trip to give time to park up and get in the ground, by the time the match has finished and I've got back to the car and home it's normally between 7 and 7.30, miss seeing my Son before bed and Mrs is in a bad mood as she's knackered. Doesn't mean I'm a shit fan I just have to prioritise.
That's pretty disappointing to hear if you struggle to attend a 3PM game living locally, get the wife and kids involved if that helps.

The Saturday 3pm kick offs should be in highest demand as there is no TV option

Last edited:
You start them pal and we'll join in

there was a group of us that did try on occasion last night. Pretty difficult when lots of others don’t want to join in or you’ve got block 115 and the corner constantly singing about Dzeko or United.

I don’t mind those songs, but the rest of the ground don’t join in with any of them. We love you city was sung and more people joined in. Classic Chants that everyone knows, but are rarely sung

I don’t think the club can do anymore for CL group games. £7.50 for kids with season tickets and £10 for kids without one. Spurs and Arsenal both moved their games to bigger stadiums for CL matches yet for some reason it has the opposite effect with us. I think there’s a definitely a CBA attitude towards football since the gates have been reopened.

I wonder if more will make the effort to watch PSG but not Bruges???

atmosphere was great where i was sat and lots of people making plenty of noise.
Tickets must surely be cheaper than tgat, I couldn't make Arsenal as I was ill so had two tickets on ticket exchange but zero interest on my tickets

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.