Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

The thread where some blues disappear up their own arses.

Have I really just read some posts which call Pep ‘arrogant and aloof’ at the same time praising Mancini as some kind of man of the people ?? That’s hilarious.

If you want to learn about arrogance and being aloof I suggest you speak to any players or staff that had to deal with Mancini. But he wore a city scarf so he was ‘one of us’.
There are some fucking lunatics on this forum. It's not even that terrible what he's said but it's given the gob shites who are still upset with him for not winning the CL an excuse to go at him again.
Poor little lambs are having their mates take the piss, it must be horrible for them.

Will get pelters for this but it's not like they're pulling it out of their arses. Our attendance is less than what it should be and our atmosphere is quieter than we'd like. I know we're sensitive about criticism on those subjects but it's criticism rooted in reality, not the myth some of us pretend it is.

Yes - agree you can criticise the atmosphere, I've no issue with that.

The empty seat obsession from the media isn't criticism, it is poverty shaming.

Majority of our fan base our mostly working class and based in Greater Manchester. People are either working or the added group stages are too much financially.

Unlike the dippers and Yoonited, we don't have a Northern Ireland contingent to make up for the drop in numbers.

We are historically one of the best supported clubs in England and our average attendances since we have increased to 55k have been the highest in our history.
But the reality is, we do not have the match going fan base to fill a 55k stadium across all competitions week in, week out.

I won’t be going to Wycombe and there will be thousands of season ticket holders who won’t attend CL games because of time/money/ the competition itself. When that happens we do not have an army of match going fans banging on the door picking up the slack. We just need to accept it and move on.

Think the atmosphere is like being in a church or library at times .
Do the fans get behind the team like utd ,liverpool ,celtic & rangers fans do for home games , to be honest i don't think they do, city fans can be reserved at times for average games.
Think pepe is getting a tiny bit cheesed off with it & the empty seats will decide his next career move eventually .

I think pep knows it is always a slow start for city in the CL with fans, the competing itself is set up that way... Dead rubbers until knock outs. But he's got a point with fans not turning up and we all know it despite the outrage.

I am sure come Saturday the ground will be bouncing, the players need that from the fans without doubt.

We are historically one of the best supported clubs in England and our average attendances since we have increased to 55k have been the highest in our history.
But the reality is, we do not have the match going fan base to fill a 55k stadium across all competitions week in, week out.

I won’t be going to Wycombe and there will be thousands of season ticket holders who won’t attend CL games because of time/money/ the competition itself. When that happens we do not have an army of match going fans banging on the door picking up the slack. We just need to accept it and move on.
Especially at the moment when foreign fans that usually fill the seats on cl nights can't travel so easily.

Bang out of order Pep for me - especially after all the ticketing issues and incompetence on the club's part.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with the attendance once everyone had actually got in circa 10 mins into the game. I also thought the atmosphere was decent compared to other group stage games in the past.

I wonder how many people saying his comments are justified actually went to the game last night? Or are they basing their opinion on the BT audio and not actually seeing the massive queues outside to get in, even after kick-off?

I think pep knows it is always a slow start for city in the CL with fans, the competing itself is set up that way... Dead rubbers until knock outs. But he's got a point with fans not turning up and we all know it despite the outrage.

I am sure come Saturday the ground will be bouncing, the players need that from the fans without doubt.
Southampton will be 50,000 plus.

It will be nothing to do with Pep's call to arms.

Think the atmosphere is like being in a church or library at times .
Do the fans get behind the team like utd ,liverpool ,celtic & rangers fans do for home games , to be honest i don't think they do, city fans can be reserved at times for average games.
Think pepe is getting a tiny bit cheesed off with it & the empty seats will decide his next career move eventually .
Agree

I think part of the issue is the club have never got a singing section properly put together. Too much energy in bands outside pre match & I actually think we have been spoilt with the football with pep. We dominate most games so it’s difficult for fans to react. Sounds bizarre but we are to good! Lol

only a few games & teams that push us generate the atmosphere. Similar to how Utd used to be when they won everything. They had an awful atmosphere.

I used to be on the edge of my seat but I’m not anymore as I just expect us to win. Sad but very true

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.