Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep isn't perfect I've stated that before, nobody is.
On the bolded bit Pep didn't question the attendance or the atmosphere on Wednesday and he didn't question the attendance on Saturday.
If you read between the lines it was a rallying call to get behind us on Saturday as the team might need it before 3 tricky fixtures.
You carry on being offended though.
What rallying call?

The atmosphere in the stadium this season is superb, we have not been able to attend games for 18 months for obvious reasons, so the return of fans has created a wonderful atmosphere.

We played Norwich last week , one of the lesser games of the season, the game was played in a great, passionate atmosphere.

This was not the time or place for a rallying call.

Indeed we scored 6 goals in a euro tie without a striker, our local rivals lost the night before and were humiliated despite having "the worlds greatest player in the starting11", maybe it would have been a bit better if our manager had mentioned the irony of that.

So the man Pep is not beyond criticism from you, never?

As it stands we have won comfortably all but the first game, played some wonderful football.

We have played 3 home games, to almost full houses and a very decent mid week crowd against a less than glamorous opposition. All 3 games the atmosphere was good and indeed in the two Premier games I would say the atmosphere was superb.

Again on Wednesday we scored 6 goals and produced a highly entreating game for the support in the ground and on the TV.

Why would Pep question the attendance and ask fans to support us on Saturday?

Errmmm, to wind you up?

Pep isn't perfect I've stated that before, nobody is.
On the bolded bit Pep didn't question the attendance or the atmosphere on Wednesday and he didn't question the attendance on Saturday.
If you read between the lines it was a rallying call to get behind us on Saturday as the team might need it before 3 tricky fixtures.
You carry on being offended though.

That's not what's being played out across the media. The media aren't reading between the lines. They are making the lines up. I know that, you know that, and Pep of all people should and does know that. The media have twisted his words. It's happened before. Pep knows how the media work in this country as he's been on the sharp end of it since becoming City manager.

Pep's remit is the team, the players, and winning trophies, not the fans. 3 Pl crowds of 50,000+, 1 CL crowd of 45,000, great to very good support over the last 3 home games. What's Pep's problem with that? The answer should be and is nothing.

Errmmm, to wind you up?
I would describe it as friendly fire and a complete own goal.

In the circumstances a lot of fans find themselves in in terms of finance, and with the joke of a ticket office we have, I would describe it as a piss take.

I hope the big boss has had a serious word.

What rallying call?

The atmosphere in the stadium this season is superb, we have not been able to attend games for 18 months for obvious reasons, so the return of fans has created a wonderful atmosphere.

We played Norwich last week , one of the lesser games of the season, the game was played in a great, passionate atmosphere.

This was not the time or place for a rallying call.

Indeed we scored 6 goals in a euro tie without a striker, our local rivals lost the night before and were humiliated despite having "the worlds greatest player in the starting11", maybe it would have been a bit better if our manager had mentioned the irony of that.
Why not?
We have Chelsea/PSG/Dippers coming up so probably doesn't want any slip ups before then.

That's not what's being played out across the media. The media aren't reading between the lines. They are making the lines up. I know that, you know that, and Pep of all people should and does know that. The media have twisted his words. It's happened before. Pep knows how the media work in this country as he's been on the sharp end of it since becoming City manager.

Pep's remit is the team, the players, and winning trophies, not the fans. 3 Pl crowds of 50,000+, 1 CL crowd of 45,000, great to very good support over the last 3 home games. What's Pep's problem with that? The answer should be and is nothing.
Lol when do the media have anything good to say about us fuck them.

Why not?
We have Chelsea/PSG/Dippers coming up so probably doesn't want any slip ups before then.
You can only do a call to arms so many times before people see through it.

Southampton on Saturday is not the one for me, just said we played the Carrot crunchers last week, the atmosphere was great, and why should it not be on Saturday?

You can only do a call to arms so many times before people see through it.

Southampton on Saturday is not the one for me, just said we played the Carrot crunchers last week, the atmosphere was great, and why should it not be on Saturday?
Oh ok, I'll stick with Pep on this one cheers.

Oh ok, I'll stick with Pep on this one cheers.
I love Pep and would give him a lifetime contract now but him going on BT sport and slagging off our support was a cunts trick. Don't know why you are having a go at fellow City fans for pointing this out. Pep was out of order this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.